hesitation question

MSPBrett

:
MSP
so this last week i blew 6 codes at once lol went to the part store to figure out my codes, now i have fixed all problems but 1. a code i threw was max MAF and faulty MAF sensor, i used maf cleaner and it helped a little bit, but the car drives fine out of boost, once i try to get on it, it makes a purring sputter, sounding like its constantly recalculating air flow. but then every other pull it doesn't hesitate and pulls fine. so im thinking the sensor is reading wrong half the time. or it could be boost leak...
also i replaced plugs,wires,coils, and valve cover gasket while i was at it this week.
any input welcome, thx!

MAF could be going bad. Try to find someone that will let you test theirs and see if it works. But as far as I know, if you are throwing multiple codes for the same sensor, my money is on it being bad....especially if one says it is faulty

ya thx that is exact wording on the codes, i dont have the code numbers with me as im working now but one was max out MAF and the other was reading faulty MAF sensor, now for finding another msp i live in kansas and ive seen two others in almost 4 years, there are none of them around here.

really? same maf sensor for the speed as normal protege?! pick and pull here i come! i bet i can get a sensor out of a na protege for way cheaper at a scrap yard.

if you can't find one let me know I have an extra. yours for just the cost of shipping :tup:

nice, ill let you know. i got lucky and my cousin drives an 02 protege so im gonna try her sensor tonight, if that fixes it, ill swap ya. thx

really? same maf sensor for the speed as normal protege?! pick and pull here i come! i bet i can get a sensor out of a na protege for way cheaper at a scrap yard.

yeah, everything is the same on the 01-03 proteges except for the obvious turbo related stuff, ECU, suspension and of course body parts

Back