Help with Names!!

mikeski

:
03.5 mazdaspeed protege
Well, my wife and I just found out we are having a baby girl! she is due june 10th. we need help with names. if anything comes to mind, let me know. we have been arguing about them for a while now. any names would help! thanks.

Well, my wife and I just found out we are having a baby girl! she is due june 10th. we need help with names. if anything comes to mind, let me know. we have been arguing about them for a while now. any names would help! thanks.

Congrats! :D

Any family names that might work from Grandmas, Aunts, etc.?

well congrats man, i had a hard enough time naming my dog, i cant fathom naming a kid! haha, id go with racerxgirls suggestion tho, family names are always good, just stay away from grandma doris or uncle stanislous

Don't name her Madison. The name got way over-popular about 3 years ago. After hearing about it again and again, seeing newspaper articles, etc. about how it was the most popular girl's name (I think) in 2002, I was blown away when a co-worker told me he was going to name his daughter that "so that she would have an uncommon name, and there wouldn't be other girls in her classes with that name!" :eek:

Don't name her Madison. The name got way over-popular about 3 years ago. After hearing about it again and again, seeing newspaper articles, etc. about how it was the most popular girl's name (I think) in 2002, I was blown away when a co-worker told me he was going to name his daughter that "so that she would have an uncommon name, and there wouldn't be other girls in her classes with that name!" :eek:

Are you serious???

My daughter's name is Skylar Madison. Son's name is Caleb Blake.

I wanted to name him Damien but she said no. I picked both of the kid's names though so I still win.

OP, What kind of last name do you have? You want the name to have flow. Also think about if you want the name to be able to be shortened. James, Jim, Jimmy, etc.

yeah, another baby! I dont know if its just because Im having one, but it seems like everyone is pregnant! I read somewhere that there are more babies being born now than during the baby boom. I kinda like Skylar or maybe Skyla. My last name is Szklarski (pronounced Ska-lar-ski)
here is our list.
Layla
Kaylee
Kayla
Sydney
Lily
Zoe
Hailey
Sophia
Hanna

Are you serious???

My daughter's name is Skylar Madison. Son's name is Caleb Blake.

I don't even dislike the name, but it was the name around the end of '04 beginning of '05 when my son was born and my co-worker's daughter was on the way. 3 years later, we've run into Madisons in a couple of his daycare classes, his gymnastics class, and on countless playgrounds!

I would just recommend that the O/P stay away from overly-popular names in general, really.

I'd also skip the "first name that sounds like the last name" idea, just 'cause every time I hear about a John Johnson, or a William Williams, I think: "Wow, their parents couldn't come up with a name, so they just doubled the last name. What morons."

Besides, "Sky-lar Ska-lar-ski" is just going to send her through life with a weird tongue-twister of a name, and that's cruel! ;)

Last edited:
We just had our first, Kairi Jo. Damian was my choice for a boy. Be creative but make sure it has meaning to you and your partner so its not some random group of letters.

yeah, another baby! I dont know if its just because Im having one, but it seems like everyone is pregnant! I read somewhere that there are more babies being born now than during the baby boom. I kinda like Skylar or maybe Skyla. My last name is Szklarski (pronounced Ska-lar-ski)
here is our list.
Layla
Kaylee
Kayla
Sydney
Lily
Zoe
Hailey
Sophia
Hanna

My son is due in 2 weeks, We are naming him Jaiden Kade. I like Kylie for a girls name.

Sophia is pretty. Very classic. The Skyla and Skylar along with your last name is a bit too redundant to my ear. Lily would sound pretty. Kira? One of our friend's named his baby Elise. :D

I vote Sydney from that list.

What about:
Alicja (Alisha but closer to your heritage for spelling)
Stella
Veronica
Amelia

I found these on ancestory.com searching your last name and matching it to ancestors from the 1800's.

I vote Sydney from that list.

What about:
Alicja (Alisha but closer to your heritage for spelling)
Stella
Veronica
Amelia

I found these on ancestory.com searching your last name and matching it to ancestors from the 1800's.

(rei) Nicely done sir!

I am naming my future girl Isabell or Isabella.

I like Valerie also. From your list I'd pick Kayla.

i like emma also. she doesnt like it tho. she likes mia but i associate that with this girl im not too fond of. we had the boy name picked which was Aiden Michael. Im just stumped and we cant really agree on anything yet. i agree with the skylar szklarski (looks wierd too.)

Popularity in 2006

<table summary="Popularity for top 20" border="1" bordercolor="#aaabbb" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="48%"><tbody><tr align="center" valign="bottom"> <th scope="col" bgcolor="#efefef" width="12%">Rank</th> <th scope="col" bgcolor="#99ccff" width="41%">Male name</th> <th scope="col" bgcolor="pink" width="41%">Female name</th></tr> <tr align="right"> <td>1</td><td>Jacob</td> <td>Emily</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>2</td><td>Michael</td> <td>Emma</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>3</td><td>Joshua</td> <td>Madison</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>4</td><td>Ethan</td> <td>Isabella</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>5</td><td>Matthew</td> <td>Ava</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>6</td><td>Daniel</td> <td>Abigail</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>7</td><td>Christopher</td> <td>Olivia</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>8</td><td>Andrew</td> <td>Hannah</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>9</td><td>Anthony</td> <td>Sophia</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>10</td><td>William</td> <td>Samantha</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>11</td><td>Joseph</td> <td>Elizabeth</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>12</td><td>Alexander</td> <td>Ashley</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>13</td><td>David</td> <td>Mia</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>14</td><td>Ryan</td> <td>Alexis</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>15</td><td>Noah</td> <td>Sarah</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>16</td><td>James</td> <td>Natalie</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>17</td><td>Nicholas</td> <td>Grace</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>18</td><td>Tyler</td> <td>Chloe</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>19</td><td>Logan</td> <td>Alyssa</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>20</td><td>John</td> <td>Brianna</td></tr></tbody></table>Popularity in 2005

<table summary="Popularity for top 20" border="1" bordercolor="#aaabbb" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="48%"><tbody><tr align="center" valign="bottom"> <th scope="col" bgcolor="#efefef" width="12%">Rank</th> <th scope="col" bgcolor="#99ccff" width="41%">Male name</th> <th scope="col" bgcolor="pink" width="41%">Female name</th></tr> <tr align="right"> <td>1</td><td>Jacob</td> <td>Emily</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>2</td><td>Michael</td> <td>Emma</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>3</td><td>Joshua</td> <td>Madison</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>4</td><td>Matthew</td> <td>Abigail</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>5</td><td>Ethan</td> <td>Olivia</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>6</td><td>Andrew</td> <td>Isabella</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>7</td><td>Daniel</td> <td>Hannah</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>8</td><td>Anthony</td> <td>Samantha</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>9</td><td>Christopher</td> <td>Ava</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>10</td><td>Joseph</td> <td>Ashley</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>11</td><td>William</td> <td>Sophia</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>12</td><td>Alexander</td> <td>Elizabeth</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>13</td><td>David</td> <td>Alexis</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>14</td><td>Ryan</td> <td>Grace</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>15</td><td>Nicholas</td> <td>Sarah</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>16</td><td>Tyler</td> <td>Alyssa</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>17</td><td>James</td> <td>Mia</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>18</td><td>John</td> <td>Natalie</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>19</td><td>Jonathan</td> <td>Chloe</td> </tr><tr align="right"> <td>20</td><td>Nathan</td> <td>Brianna</td></tr></tbody></table>
From http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

Back