Hello from the Tropics

Guam6

:
2014 Mazda 6 iTouring Meteoric Grey
Just got my Meteor Grey iTouring about a week ago. Glad to see a forum for these beautiful babies. Came from a 2007 Subaru STi, which was totaled by a drunk, careless driver one night. I miss the power and asymetrical all wheel drive. Researched all brands and models for about three weeks. Everything I read or saw pushed me closer to the Mazda 6, then I saw it in person. She is beautiful. The lines on this car are very sexy and modern. The test drive convinced me that this was my car. Getting a little older, have kids, and have been in too many car crashes with fast little cars, so I thought an upgrade would be in order.

I brought my car at Triple J on Guam from Phil and was very pleased with the service so far. The initial car I wanted had a small scratch on the bumper, but they turned around and gave me another. Driving this car on a beautiful, mostly sunny, tropical island is very enjoyable. It has just enough power to pass cars and keep it moving briskly. The chassis, transmission, and steering compliment each other just great. It's a mid-sized car, but doesn't feel like one in the turns. Mine came with 19" Dunlops, which are okay and not too noisy. Not any long highways, per se, out here but there are a few stretches of roadway. Love the gas mileage, especially compared to my ol' Subie, who was modified and loved to suck 91 octane.

Don't use NAV out here, so it's not been an issue with me. I am, however, looking to join the petition for a smarter entertainment head/unit, as this one seems adequate but not as responsive or "smart" as some others. But at the end of the day, for what we paid, this car is the way to go. Happy to have it and happy to be on this site. Looking forward to sharing ideas, tips, and news with you all.

Just got my Meteor Grey iTouring about a week ago. Glad to see a forum for these beautiful babies. Came from a 2007 Subaru STi, which was totaled by a drunk, careless driver one night. I miss the power and asymetrical all wheel drive. Researched all brands and models for about three weeks. Everything I read or saw pushed me closer to the Mazda 6, then I saw it in person. She is beautiful. The lines on this car are very sexy and modern. The test drive convinced me that this was my car. Getting a little older, have kids, and have been in too many car crashes with fast little cars, so I thought an upgrade would be in order.

I brought my car at Triple J on Guam from Phil and was very pleased with the service so far. The initial car I wanted had a small scratch on the bumper, but they turned around and gave me another. Driving this car on a beautiful, mostly sunny, tropical island is very enjoyable. It has just enough power to pass cars and keep it moving briskly. The chassis, transmission, and steering compliment each other just great. It's a mid-sized car, but doesn't feel like one in the turns. Mine came with 19" Dunlops, which are okay and not too noisy. Not any long highways, per se, out here but there are a few stretches of roadway. Love the gas mileage, especially compared to my ol' Subie, who was modified and loved to suck 91 octane.

Don't use NAV out here, so it's not been an issue with me. I am, however, looking to join the petition for a smarter entertainment head/unit, as this one seems adequate but not as responsive or "smart" as some others. But at the end of the day, for what we paid, this car is the way to go. Happy to have it and happy to be on this site. Looking forward to sharing ideas, tips, and news with you all.

Congratulations man, glad you're enjoying your 6. It really is the practical choice for car/driving enthusiasts. Let's see some pics!

Congrats! and welcome to the forums. I am fairly new to this forum setup as well and other members have been very warm and kind towards helping and discussing things. Cheers!

Back