Having trouble updating Gracenotes

satwar

I downloaded the latest version of ".up" file from Mazda Connect and inserted in the USB port, but the Gracenotes "Update Now" button remains greyed out.

Any ideas what is wrong ?

When I updated mine I had issues as well. I ended up having to use a USB thumb drive that had absolutly nothing else on it except the Gracenotes files. After that, it worked fine and updated. Good Luck.

I suspect you're using the wrong file. Was it 200+ megs? If so, that's not the right one. The correct file is named "update.package" and is 18.5mb. Not sure if this link will work, but if not, just go to www.mazdausa.com/bluetooth and click "Search Compatible Phones", choose your vehicle options, then click "Media Player". Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you'll see the Gracenote section with the Download button.

I had no trouble with that file on the root of a loaded USB stick.

Yes, I finally figured out that there were two files and that the small file named update.package was accepted by the car system. I wasn't sure whether I had done the right thing, however, because some people say you're supposed to see album cover art, which I have not seen. I thought the 256 MB file might have the cover art, but I can't figure out how to get it into the car.

I can't imagine they would ever try to create a file to contain all of the album artwork for everything currently on the market. Every audio system I've ever used gets the cover art through the USB connection from the media device.

Does anyone have the smaller file available to upload so we can access it. Ive tried everywhich way i can think of and i cant find the smaller file and get the system to update. Mazda seems to have replaced the instructions online with instructions for their newer system.

I still have the Gracenote update file I downloaded from Mazda back in April that I was able to get to work.

Here is a link to download it from Dropbox.

I make no guarantees about the file. Use at your own risk. Etc. I have no idea why they took it down from their site. Perhaps there was a problem with it. Or maybe they have a better version. Regardless, here you go. I updated it via the radio menus using a thumb drive plugged into the center console. I didn't notice any improvement after updating, but perhaps you will.

Back