Update the Gracenote database to the latest version

I need to do this update too. It's minus 13f at the moment, it can wait till Spring!

So nothing to improve sound performance of the stereo just names of whomever is playing and the album covers?

Gracenote has nothing to do with the sound quality or performance. It's all about the names of the songs the artists and album art.

Gracenote has nothing to do with the sound quality or performance. It's all about the names of the songs the artists and album art.
I won't worry about it then as if I am listening to it I know the names of the artists and songs and album art is 0 on my scale of importance when listening to music. Wish Mazda would concentrate on something that really made a difference :) like getting their mazda app to actually show where my car is in real time or at least in less than a 4 or 5 hour delay....

I won't worry about it then as if I am listening to it I know the names of the artists and songs and album art is 0 on my scale of importance when listening to music. Wish Mazda would concentrate on something that really made a difference :) like getting their mazda app to actually show where my car is in real time or at least in less than a 4 or 5 hour delay....
^This^

Did you update your TCU? Mine updates every time I turn my car off as long as it has cell coverage. It doesn't do real-time though (I guess the CX-90 does?).

Hmm. I couldn't get it to install on my 2016. It's the only file on the USB drive. Strange.

According to the owner's manual, the Gracenote media database also improves voice recognition of artist and album names.

Last edited:
Hmm. I couldn't get it to install on my 2016. It's the only file on the USB drive. Strange.
Your car has the previous version "MZD Connect" of the infotainment system. This update is for the latest version "Mazda Connect".

Did you update your TCU? Mine updates every time I turn my car off as long as it has cell coverage. It doesn't do real-time though (I guess the CX-90 does?).
says it has the latest update and I have it set so ota updates are supposed to be done. Mine will show my car is in the garage when it is at my wife's work place 12 miles away and it will show at her work when it is in the garage. Both places have good cell service.

I have never been able to update gracenote on my 2021 CX-5. However, my system software is up to date.

Back