Has any one had trouble or heard of issues with...

ZiaCX-5

:
2014 CX-5 Grand Touring FWD
A bracket that holds the transmission shifter cable? Causing a rattle, noise, or vibration? Just spent a frustrating month with 4 dealerships because of this little bracket!

Well, I HAD a rattle. Got it fixed finally, we think. It started on a long trip but it sounded like a "ping" or "spark knock" I'd what people were calling it. It would happen on acceleration on a very slight load. It would only happen for a second or two, then disappear when the transmission would downshift and the engine would accelerate. It started more frequently in conditions like merging onto an on ramp, if that makes sense. Again, it would only happen for a second or two -and would go away as you accelerated or it downshifted but it was very odd. I was worried it was engine or transmission issue so kept taking to dealers. They all kept blowing me off. I live about 175 miles away from the nearest dealership. (There are four but all in different directions and even different state but all 175-200 miles away). Finally got Mazda Corporate and they got me with a delver ship who actually treated me like a customer and they found they found it.

Took them three weeks, but found the bracket that holds the transmission shifter cables rattling at 2000-2500 rpm. They moved or bent it to find it would then rattle constantly, appearing to be the culprit. They have repaired it and no noise in over a week.

I wonder if this whole thing sounds like it could be it or if I am not out of the woods yet

I had a rattle from the automatic shifter cover. I think it was one of the plastic hinges, I tried adding some padding but it kept returning. Then I forgot about it for a while, and I don't hear it anymore. It sucks that there's such rattles here and there.

2014-04-01 18.44.39.jpg

That's great it is gone. Rattles and noise are frustrating. At least you were able to pinpoint it. :)

Back