Harris Hill Road (San Marcos, TX) - CorkSport Track Day 3-Nov-2012

Ok, so at what speeds? Different skill level run groups? Lead car = boosted RX8 or heavily modded MS3? :D

Actually it not about speed but handling so Miata's (Last time one had a corvette motor swap) and RX8's. We sat in a class room for some basic instruction then follow a lead vehicle. If the lead vehicle sees we are doing well he will go faster. That's what they did at the last meet there. They had people drifting while we were eating lunch then did ride a longs with the professional drivers on the coarse and one of them was a 15 year old kid! I don't know what they have planned this time but should be pretty much the same.

Well since my car wont be ready in time who wants to be kind enough to let me drive their car ill pay your $25 fee so you can ride for free. I really want to run the course but sadly my car wont be ready in time so if someone will let me that would be awesome.

Well since my car wont be ready in time who wants to be kind enough to let me drive their car ill pay your $25 fee so you can ride for free. I really want to run the course but sadly my car wont be ready in time so if someone will let me that would be awesome.

Hey Brandon. If you come and do the motor swap on my 626 Turbo hatchback I would let you drive that!

Hey Brandon. If you come and do the motor swap on my 626 Turbo hatchback I would let you drive that!

I have an engine hoyst

Looks like im going to be spending the weekend in San Marcos sat for the Mazda meet and then Sunday theres a Spokes AutoX at Harris Hill

Actually it not about speed but handling so Miata's (Last time one had a corvette motor swap) and RX8's. We sat in a class room for some basic instruction then follow a lead vehicle. If the lead vehicle sees we are doing well he will go faster. That's what they did at the last meet there. They had people drifting while we were eating lunch then did ride a longs with the professional drivers on the coarse and one of them was a 15 year old kid! I don't know what they have planned this time but should be pretty much the same.
Cool vid. Handling is king of course- but if I came I'd be in my S2000, not the micro-van... so speed matters to me, since low speeds are boring in an S2000, especially an upgraded one. :)

Cool vid. Handling is king of course- but if I came I'd be in my S2000, not the micro-van... so speed matters to me, since low speeds are boring in an S2000, especially an upgraded one. :)

From the other forum!

This is a Mazda only event. __________________
Gwynne
CorkSport Peformance
www.corksport.com

Well, I'm going to have new brake pads placed on my car tomorrow. I'm tired of always having brake dust. LOL I just will not be running my car at the gathering. I will just put it in the car show.

I promise my Speed3 will not be this dirty. lol

DirtySpeed3-11-01-2012.jpg

quick question, it is a Mazda only thing just for the track and dyno, or the entire event? I have a friend that wants to tag along but I don't want him to get turned around at the gate. He would ride with me but he is a pretty big guy and my wife and son may be coming with me. If he were to come, he would be driving a VW. Would he be able to just park somewhere and join the fun?

Latest posts

Back