Group Buy: 505 Intake Manifold Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks 505. That was all I needed. I'm not worried about $10. I'm just excited to get it together.

I also won't be installing for a while. I still haven't even bought new gaskets yet..lol. Some things popped up that take priority over working on the car now. Don't sweat over it though 505, this was a big project, and I know I couldn't have had the patience on your end to set this up and keep it going. We all know the installed product results will definitely outweigh the small setbacks and mix ups. Keep up the good work. Once I get things taken care of and get the mani installed, you will be getting some funds from me for the cold air box.

Good news is the adapter worked perfectly. Bad news is I have a huge vac leak coming from the throttle body seeing how there is a loud whistling coming from that area.

I won't be installing for awhile, but I'm in no need of the money hassles. As long as I have part numbers so I can get them later when I am actually ready to install that will be great.

Good news is the adapter worked perfectly. Bad news is I have a huge vac leak coming from the throttle body seeing how there is a loud whistling coming from that area.

Really? Mine hisses too but that's just air going past the throttle plate. What vacuum are you pulling?

The car wouldn't run long enough for me to get a vac reading. I took the throttle body off and turns out I somehow missed a piece of old gasket and on top of that I didn't get a good enough amount of RTV in the same spot. I got it apart and cleaned it up and put new RTV on. Just waiting for it to harden up then I'm gonna fire it up. Fingers crossed.

The manifold looks outstanding and I look forward to installing it. You can also send the fittings my way as well.

Much appreciated.

Got mine installed last night...quite the ordeal but got it all figured out. Bout a 6 1/2 hour install for me. I threw a CEL after driving for about 1/2 hour. Haven't checked it yet. Has anyone else thrown one? I have a ll my sensors connected.. i'll post what it is later today.

I've had mine installed for about a day and no CEL. I don't have the sensor plugged into the egr and remember if there was even one or not. The Gaines on this is awesome.

"Yea, mine makes a pretty loud sucking noise as well, but there isn't a vac leak at all, just extra noise from the thin wall alum. manifold I suppose
btw you can ship the fittings out to me as well, I have the manifold on the car, but the EGR unplugged since I didnt get around to trying to fit the hose."
-Justanothermp5

"I'm far from stock so not really, still spikes around 14psi...boost comes on alot sooner though in my case, which is good since the turbo I have took forever to spool"

My boost stayed the same... spools way faster though and pulls hard to the redline. This thing freakin rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back