Group Buy: 505 Intake Manifold Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as I don't get a vacuum leak I will do that. I'm not worried about a CEL. I can fix that later.

Ok from what i have seen from everyones pictures is they have what looks like an adapter that hooks up to the EGR hose to the exhaust manifold kinda like the intake side has an adapter.

and seeing how I'm bombing this thread anyways; when you plug the VICS and VTCS solenoids in do you need to run vac lines to them?

I used a 2.5"-2.75" 45 degree coupler and a 2.75" to 2.25" straight coupler. Cut the elbow about 3 inches before the weld and trimmed the silicone a bit too. The location of my BPV made it tricky to squeeze in the MAF re-location, it just barely fit. If your not re-locating the MAF then just a 45* 2.5" to 2.25" coupler will work. Remember to take your time measuring and fitting everything into place and everything will be ok. Cut less rather than more, then you can cut again if needed.

Be careful too when threading the brass fittings into the manifold, its easy to strip aluminum. Mine had slight over-spray from the powder coaters on the first couple threads making it hard to get started. Ran a tap through to clean them up. There's no way the stock fuel rail will seal with the original black spacers, so I used the included washers instead. Also cut the rear tabs of the rail to clear the plenum. I'll try to think of more tips for you guys, if anyone has issues don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help.

Sorry for the cell phone pics..

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

One more, just for fun

IMG_0131.jpg

what did you use to cap the fitting on the hot pipe? This EGR issue is making me nervous now. Also, that is the first pic I have seen of a MAF relocation on a CS fmic. My BOV is sort of in that same location. I may relocate mine during the install to get rid of the bpv and the ugly hose running from the hot pipe.

Last edited:
Besides getting this fixed which is number one priority. Can I just block off the exhaust like Walt did and leave the hose unattached without any problems? I really need my car.

That's how I'm running.. shouldn't hurt anything.

and seeing how I'm bombing this thread anyways; when you plug the VICS and VTCS solenoids in do you need to run vac lines to them?

The VICS/VTCS solenoids get plugged in, but you don't need hook up any vac lines.

Last edited:
Ok guys here's the situation. The shop wrongly threaded the EGR blocks with 1/2" flare instead of 1/2" NPT. Shipping the fitting to you costs more than the fitting itself, so if it's ok I would like to have you guys pick up the fittings at your local lowes or homedepot. I can paypal the cost of the fitting to you if it helps.

You need a 1/2" flare union, most popular is Watts A-269.

Lowes # - 27960 ($2.85)
Home Depot # - 545473 ($3.24)

Sorry about that mixup guys. :(

Got my Manifold today! Looks amazing! My manifold wasn't de-burred at all though... what can i use around the injector holes to clean them up w/o removing too much of the coating?

They should all be de-burred (aluminum burrs) now. X-acto or utility blade is the best bet for cleaning up the coating around the holes though.

All extreme chrome's will have some of that since they were stripped. They use a super gnarly chemical process and the aluminum discolors from it. The coater assured that it won't be a problem, and I have ran for over a year now on a stripped one with basically the whole inside looking like that (without seeing any change or flaking or anything).

What about the egr connection to the exhaust. Is that the wrong size or do I just have something crazy going on?

The 1/2" female flare that is on both ends of the flex hose is what we all used in the first batch. It threads right onto my MAM manifold, and there were a ton of stock manifold guys that used that method.

I am trying to find my stock EGR hose to confirm 100% that there isn't anything wrong with that size.

hdiddy - Did your male -> male stock fitting unscrew out of your manifold with your stock EGR hose? If so... you need that. lol. bwalt says his is seized to his stock hose... in that case you'll need to soak it in PB Blaster or grab a new one.

Ugh everything is backwards.

For the stock exhaust manifold guys, it's female 1/2" NPT. So a 1/2" female NPT -> 1/2" male flare is the fitting for the exhaust side. Between the shop doing the block in flare and me not sending out the female NPT's, I effectively sent you the exact opposite that you need.

Lowes - BrassCraft 1/2" Gas Fitting Item #: 16186 | Model #: PSBSD-45 L Package of 2 - $7.44
Home Depot - BrassCraft 1/2 in. OD Flare x 1/2 in. FIP Model # PSSD-42 Store SKU # 145878 - $4.57

And this is still the one for the IM side:

Lowes # - 27960 ($2.85)
Home Depot # - 545473 ($3.24)

Anyone that isn't installing right away I will send the two fittings out to. Anyone that is in a rush I will paypal the cost of the two fittings.

Ugh. I need lunch guys, I'll check back in this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back