Group Buy: 505 Intake Manifold Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are these manifolds going out this monday to get powdercoated?

No not today, but I will talk to Kelly this evening and see where we're at after this weekend. As soon as the manifolds are decked I will be taking them down the street to the coaters. I will post up pics of the manifolds when I do.

No not today, but I will talk to Kelly this evening and see where we're at after this weekend. As soon as the manifolds are decked I will be taking them down the street to the coaters. I will post up pics of the manifolds when I do.
I dont mean to keep bothering you here it just seems like for the last several weeks u keep saying the manifolds will be done by the end of the week and than the time comes and you say no there not done yet but they will at the end of the week? Is there a time they will be done forsure? Just cuz i need to know so i can either install my stock manifold on the new motor or hold off untill i get this new manifold and i was really hoping i dont have to get my car tuned twice in a row

I dont mean to keep bothering you here it just seems like for the last several weeks u keep saying the manifolds will be done by the end of the week and than the time comes and you say no there not done yet but they will at the end of the week? Is there a time they will be done forsure? Just cuz i need to know so i can either install my stock manifold on the new motor or hold off untill i get this new manifold and i was really hoping i dont have to get my car tuned twice in a row

We are at the point that they could be done any day. I don't work at the shop with Kelly and Wes so I can't force their hand, and just like you I am at their mercy. I am simply relaying the info that I receive on to you guys, and I do apologize that it keeps taking longer than expected. I understand what it is like to be waiting on parts, I really do. I have waited on almost every single part that is on my car. At this point I would suggest installing your stock manifold if you are in a hurry. Just the coating + shipping to Canada will be 2-3 weeks by itself. And that is IF I were to pick up the manifolds tomorrow. Sorry but there is really nothing I can do at this point other than kicking back and waiting til the shop is done with them.

Hey guys! Just a progress note so far. The manifolds are ALL welded up, EXCEPT for the fuel rail mounts, which are done with a different setup. Wes wants these things done too, and is in no way putting these off. Once he is all done, I get them back to deck the flange flat, which I can do to all of them in about an hour, check for burrs on the parts, and then off to powder coat. I would like to say by the end of this week, because that sounds easily doable, to have these outta the shop! Again, thanks for your patience, you guys will be happy with the results! Peace!

well worth the wait guys! This mani is incredible, my hard data is my memories but Rich including others that know me can vouch for my msp with the 505 pumping air and fuel into the head so efficiently, its seriously mind blowing.

Whatever your personal goals are, this mani will more than meet expectations and technically speaking it performed so well my engine produced 30+lbft at 2500rpm+ and pulled crazy hard from 6-8000rpm all day long like a beast on an old school T3 turbee ;) my powerband was tits.

Enjoy Rich's mani and have fun.

So will there be a third run for these? I'm interested as hell in it but probably won't be able to purchase for another 6-8 months.

Your telling me. I don't know how many times I hit the refresh button the past 3 days

yeah, I can't wait to get it. As soon as it gets here, I'll be ordering the 505 cold air box and a P.E.P downpipe

Fuel rail mounts are DONE!... which means the manifolds are all 100% welded up. Last step is flycutting the main flange so you get a perfect seal against the head, media blast to give a nice base finish, and they are ready for coating. Kelly says that it won't take long for him to do that, so I'm crossing my fingers for a Monday drop off at powdercoat. (toetap)

EGR hoses are finally shipping tomorrow after a long backorder, and vac fittings will be arriving here next week. Boxes are also on the way.

Everyone needs to get your remaining balances in ASAP. Manifolds will be shipping VERY SOON.

CIMG4474.jpg

CIMG4473.jpg

CIMG4467.jpg

CIMG4469.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back