got some stain in my NAV screen and redout screen too

nadim

:
mazda speed3 2010
hey guys well last time i washed my car after a day or two i noticed that i got 2 big stain in the nav screen and 2 small on the redout screen i wonder what it could be from it looks like a stain of dirty water when the water evaporates and only stays the residue so i wanted to know if any body had this problem i posted some pics so u can see it and also wonder if tha plastic cover can be removed easly so i may clean it any help would be greats thanks. i dont have any warranty so the choice of the stealerfix is out ...

Attachments

• IMG00674-20091121-1945.jpg
    IMG00674-20091121-1945.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG00675-20091121-1945.jpg
    IMG00675-20091121-1945.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Why don't you have a warranty?

hey guys well last time i washed my car after a day or two i noticed that i got 2 big stain in the nav screen and 2 small on the redout screen i wonder what it could be from it looks like a stain of dirty water when the water evaporates and only stays the residue so i wanted to know if any body had this problem i posted some pics so u can see it and also wonder if tha plastic cover can be removed easly so i may clean it any help would be greats thanks. i dont have any warranty so the choice of the stealerfix is out ...

isn't your car new? Also are you saying you washed the inside or outside of the car? If so what did you use on the nav screen?

the car is brand new men washed the outside yeah the inside never just a dry cloth and after a day or so those stain apear inside the screen
isn't your car new? Also are you saying you washed the inside or outside of the car? If so what did you use on the nav screen?

i hyave no warranty man i dont live in the us thats why but i bought the car from florida i live insanto domingo thats the problem and here the dealer is a shi#$ so that i why i wanted how to part out the dash

Email Derrick and he can probably get you a parts list on the Nav to see how far it's broken down - but I'd imagine it's not terribly modular. We'll be able to get one for you most likely and maybe we can convince you to take some other go-fast parts in the box while you're at it ;-)

derrick@corksport.com

Jason Griffith
Product Development Engineer
CorkSport Mazda Performance

oh men the stain got much bigger know i don't know from where is it coming i think there must be a leak in the duct of the A/C or something like thath but iam still waiting if any body can help me on getting the part out manual of the dash,

its condensation.... My gauge cluster and clock screen get WET.... like water running down them... when its a humid day... thats NOT supposed to happen. Does your windshield get wet inside?

its condensation.... My gauge cluster and clock screen get WET.... like water running down them... when its a humid day... thats NOT supposed to happen. Does your windshield get wet inside?

no men not at all but i do see sometimes as u say when i turn the car off for a while in the sun and then go again and turn it on there is alot of condensation comingo from the middle two vents ofthe air but i havnt had time to check it but after new years iam gonna part off the dash of the nav screen to see what is wrong cause i have no other choice...also ur having this problem on ur new speed?? of th clock and cluster??? on humid day and when it happens doesnt leave a stain??

Last edited:
had it fix i took out all the dash and the tach to take the screen out very easy infact but took me three days to figure it out and cheking well every part how to take it off not to break anything got the screen cleaned and covered beneath it with a plastic cover to see if that can solve it

I have the same issue now. Any body that can provide steps, pics to taking out the display to clean behind it I would appreciate it.

hey man take it to the dealer cause u have warranty u dont wanna take apart all the dash to get to the screen u have to remove everything to ger to it its really a long stuff and lots of bults to take so take it to the dealer and they know what to do i had to do it by myself cause i dont have any warranty cause i took the car outside of the states .
I have the same issue now. Any body that can provide steps, pics to taking out the display to clean behind it I would appreciate it.

wow, hope this doesn't become a common problem :knock on wood:

i agree with nate. we have 3-4 really hot days here last week and i didnt see any condensation. I hope it stayes like that.

Back