Circles on my infotainment screen? 2024 CX-5

So the other day I noticed that I have circles on my 2024 cx-5 infotainment screen. I did put a protective screen cover on it. But I didn't use any alcohol wipes. Different sizes. Perfectly round. About 5 or 6 of them. Not sure if it acts as some kind of background screensaver or not. I never noticed it on my 2021 cx-5. Did I just not notice it before? Does anyone else have this? They don't show up when I connect to Android Auto.

If you can post a picture, others will be able to compare it with their own to see if they're seeing the same thing.

Are the circles there when the car is off?

either buggy protective screen or buggy screen.
Remove the protective screen and see if it happens again.
Why the protective screen? Its not like you can drop or break infotainment without it.

Little fingers that can't stop touching things is the reason. But yes. It seemed to be the protector. It didn't happen right away. It was on for a week or two. I tried to upload pics but it said that heic files wouldn't work. Heic files are apparently iPhone's version of a jpeg. Which is pretty weird considering I'm on a Samsung S10. Downloaded a converter. Before and after pictures. No harm done. Just a little foolish for not just taking it off.
Thanks for the replies.

Attachments

• 20240314_172830.jpg
    20240314_172830.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20240314_173051.jpg
    20240314_173051.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 53
Little fingers that can't stop touching things is the reason. But yes. It seemed to be the protector. It didn't happen right away. It was on for a week or two. I tried to upload pics but it said that heic files wouldn't work. Heic files are apparently iPhone's version of a jpeg. Which is pretty weird considering I'm on a Samsung S10. Downloaded a converter. Before and after pictures. No harm done. Just a little foolish for not just taking it off.
Thanks for the replies.
I don't think they showed up to well.

Attachments

• 20240314_094904.jpg
    20240314_094904.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 44
Wait. So you’re saying that the screen protector had a protective plastic cover that was supposed to be removed once installed? That what was causing the circles?

Check the settings, background settings. Maybe that's where the circles are coming from.

Tried a couple of times. Uploads as a heic file? Whatever the hell that is??? Heic files are apparently iPhone's version of a jpeg.

I've had an iPhone for many years and taken lots of pic, never heard of, or seen, a file extension of heic.

No circles when the car is off.

If the circles disappear when the car is off how can the circles come from the protective layer?

I've had an iPhone for many years and taken lots of pic, never heard of, or seen, a file extension of heic.
Apple's been using HEIC as default image format since iOS 11. You probably have your phone configured to use "Most Compatible" instead of "High Efficiency".

Apple's been using HEIC as default image format since iOS 11. You probably have your phone configured to use "Most Compatible" instead of "High Efficiency".

Whatever the default setting is, that's what I have.

No. Just the back peeled off. I have no idea how the circles appeared.

https://a.co/d/3LRcV5W

That's the link to Amazon.
Ok. I was confused by your comment before mine. Probably mostly by me not reading it carefully enough.

Having applied several glass screen protectors on phones and tablets, and seeing that last photo you posted, it looks like air bubbles trapped under the screen. It could just be air pockets that can just be pushed out to the edge or there might be some piece of dust or other small contaminant in between the protector and screen that prevents the protector from attaching properly to the screen. If you push on the circle, does it change shape? If so, did the protector come with a small squeegee that you can use to try and push the bubble to the edge of the screen?

If the circles disappear when the car is off how can the circles come from the protective layer?
They didn't. It must have been the angle I was looking at it when I answered the post. I am still perplexed as to why they were there. I was able to capture a pic that I posted. Before & after. There gone. I'm confused but happy.

Back