GI/FS: Homebrew vacuum blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
glad everyones getting theirs in and glad i have more happy customers.

badbandar, yours was dropped off this morning... you should be getting your tracking number shortly via paypal.

i thought id just take a moment to let everyone know, i think im only making 9 more of these, and then thats it. if you want in, better sign up now!

glad you like it. i seriously wish i had a tapping jig to get them all dead-on... i fabbed up something to help straighten them out, and it helps, but now im running into issues with the tip of the tap wearing out. moral of the story: tapered tapping totally blows.

i was hoping to mail a bunch of stuff tomorrow or saturday, but at this point its kind of 50/50. ive been in the wood shop finishing up the site model for one of my design projects and well i can only be in one shop at a time. this wouldnt be a problem if they didnt have the exact same hours, but unfortunately, they do.

well i had 6 ready to be tapped, but the tap that fits the small wrenches was stolen with the large tap handle. so i have small handles that fit a tap i dont have, and a tap that wont fit in the handles i do have. so theyre not tapped.

this is the story of my life. seriously.
...like this past saturday i went cycling, on the way to the trail the bike rack broke, then i somehow broke a chain and the girlfriend got a flat tire. so in one trip we broke both bikes and the rack.

nope, 1/8 NPT for all holes, the fittings for the brake boost are 3/8 barb 1/8 NPT thread.

the tap didnt turn up, i was gonna put the other one (the "crappy one") in an adjustable wrench and tap them that way, but now thats missing too. god damn freshman. ill be heading to the local industrial supplier this week and buying my own since im getting tired of this silliness.

cool, so you'll be tapping the next set in a couple weeks? You think you'll have them all set to go in about 3 weeks from today? (it's when I get back from costa rica bio trip, and off to OCC, would be cool to get it on my bro's car before OCC) just curious, no real rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back