GI/FS: Homebrew vacuum blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
five blocks and a fittings kit going out tomorrow.

those that will be shipping have paypal emails with tracking information.

ok so i got four or five completed today, i still have to fit check them. but since nothing can go smoothly in my life ever, the sandblaster was down due to the sophomores trying to sandblast chicken wire or something and destroying the venturi mechanism.

littlemimus you certainly have the first pick - if youre painting it, theres no need to wait, but if youre installing as-is, then the sandblasted will look beter.
speed3.5 yours is also done. let me know if you want it shipped tonight or if you want to wait for sandblasting.
and anyone else, you can certainly take-a-number and ill let you know whats going on.

I've been busy and just saw this , did mine get sandblasted ?

the shop was packed so i didnt get many done. i have three that might ship tomorrow (sandblaster was clogged again...) and theres another 6 that just need to be parted and tapped. i did make a small tapping jig, so they should be better than ever.

four being mailed out this weekend. check your emails for tracking info sent via paypal.

everyone else - sorry for the holdup, the shop has been packed whenever im down there, which hasnt been much this week. im drowning in work unfortunately.

I could swear I saw another post on here... Anyways, to answer the question, all of te ones on the bottom were fittings kits, with the exception of one trade I worked out and one rush request. Also I know I've mentioned if anyone was in a hurry to pm me so I could ship yours in the next batch. Add in machine availibility, my personal schedule... I'm admittedly behind.

I'm sorry for the trouble, I'll ship you out priority to get it out faster.

Got mine with one small flaw in it, one side of the block the fittings sits crooked by angle 25* at least from being straight lol
And the fittings won't thread in easy, I'm thinking of using a metal bold to open the threads up a bit so I can get few threads in there otherwise it only take about 2-3 threads max.

are you sure youre not cross threading them? some of the earlier ones only went in like 2 turns but most of the later ones were tapped until the tap bottomed out. and yeah some are a little crooked - i dont know about 25* though, thats what makes me wonder if theyre threading in wrong. unfortunately i dont have a jig... theyre all done by hand. i made up a block to help a little but even that doesnt work perfectly.

almost everyones is shipped, i should be finishing up three today.

95blkprobe, feel free to send that last 15, as well as your address info via paypal
willP, i also need your address, it didnt come through on paypal. PM it to me when you get a chance.

yeah yours was one of the first-first ones, back when i didnt realize that the tap had to be **perfect** for it to come out right haha

well thats part of why i keep the prices low. its a garage operation.

are you sure youre not cross threading them? some of the earlier ones only went in like 2 turns but most of the later ones were tapped until the tap bottomed out. and yeah some are a little crooked - i dont know about 25* though, thats what makes me wonder if theyre threading in wrong. unfortunately i dont have a jig... theyre all done by hand. i made up a block to help a little but even that doesnt work perfectly.

yeah, of course i wouldn't cross threading them. looks like the coating made the threads tighter to bold in the fittings thats probably why.

I'll live with the crooked one, no biggie.

its tough to get them all perfect, i do what i can... i actually have one from yesterday where its really bad, and i cant ship it at full price. if anyone wants that one at a discount let me know.

as for the ones i was hoping to ship yesterday, the threads didnt go deep enough since i was using a different (sharper) tap. im going to run the other tap to try to make them deeper before i give them one more quality check and ship them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back