GI/FS: homebrew vacuum blocks and/or fittings kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, so im generally over on the protege boards and dont venture into MS3 territory, well, ever, but im working on making some low cost vacuum blocks and putting together a semi-GB for fittings.

the vacuum block prototype is not complete yet, but should be tomorrow. it will be 15 shipped (USPS First Class... no tracking) and would not include fittings. itll be ~1" OD aluminum bar stock turned down on a lathe, tapped on both ends and four along the side, all 1/8 NPT. you can pick your finish between fresh off the lathe or sandblasted.
link

fittings will also be available for that block for an additional $10. the fittings for the ends will be selected to fit the brake boost on the MSP and are planned to be 1/8 NPT x 3/8" barb. the other four would be 1/8 NPT x 1/8" barb, and those would fit accessories like a BOV, WGA, etc. i would happily substitute 1/8" barb for the ends if you wanted - i dont know where you guys typically run your vac blocks and what size fittings theyd require (maybe someone can help me out?).
if you are interested in the block, sign up for fittings in that thread. i will need the $10 for fittings as a deposit when i go to place the order later this week.

if you already have a vacuum block, or dont want to take a chance on mine, you can sign up for a fittings kit here. the fitting kit would include 5x of the 1/8 NPT x 1/8" barb since the vibrant blocks have 5 spaces, and 2x of the 1/8 NPT x 3/8" barb for the ends. the price on that would be $13 shipped by USPS first class. again, willing to substitute or accomidate.

if you have any questions, feel free to PM me, and any advice on what you guys need for fittings would be great too.
i also hope i didnt just make an ass of myself because you guys for some reason dont need one (like if you have a distributor stock), but im sure someone will tell me... i just assumed and figured you might want in.

Last edited:
pic similar to what the final product will be, details in linked thread

Attachments

• IMGP2993.JPG
    IMGP2993.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back