Gentlemen! Your advice, please.

LaCroix08

:
Mazdaspeeeeeed
I'm looking into getting a new car, and that means selling my speed3. How is the market for a used speed? I'm hoping that I can get it sold privately, and quickly, so that I can plan an order on the new ride.

My car is a 2008 GT, 24k miles, 15% tint, 18" ti mesh wheels, 235/35/18 Falken Zs, DDE Angel Eyes, all reflectors and badges are blacked out, and that's about it. I'm looking for around 19k, what do you think?

Also, should I put the stock wheels back on before selling? stock rubber is very low.

Thanks for your help!

Selling an MS3 is pretty hard from the getgo since it's a niche car. But people tend to do better selling stock cars...not modded. Granted, your mods are cosmetic. Assuming your car is in good shape, I'd say maybe $17,500 - $18,000 if you find the right buyer at the right time. But if you were desperate and in a rush, then I think $15,000-$16,000 would be more likely (people want good deals :) ). Silver is a pretty run-of-the-mill color, too. If you had a white or red, it probably would be a bit more desireable. Hope your sale happens soon :)

Last edited:
Selling an MS3 is pretty hard from the getgo since it's a niche car. But people tend to do better selling stock cars...not modded. Granted, your mods are cosmetic. Assuming your car is in good shape, I'd say maybe $17,500 - $18,000 if you find the right buyer at the right time. But if you were desperate and in a rush, then I think $15,000-$16,000 would be more likely (people want good deals :) ). Silver is a pretty run-of-the-mill color, too. If you had a white or red, it probably would be a bit more desireable. Hope your sale happens soon :)

Great info, Hank. I'm looking to sell my stock 08.5 True Red MS3 Sport in the next year, so I can only hope it's sought after...getting a Z4 M Coupe depends on this fact! Only thing going against the car is that it is the Sport and not the GT. With under 20k miles (at the time of sale, has 12.5k right now), do you think $16.5-17k is a stretch?

Good luck to LaCroix08 and Hank on the sales.

Great info, Hank. I'm looking to sell my stock 08.5 True Red MS3 Sport in the next year, so I can only hope it's sought after...getting a Z4 M Coupe depends on this fact! Only thing going against the car is that it is the Sport and not the GT. With under 20k miles (at the time of sale, has 12.5k right now), do you think $16.5-17k is a stretch?

Haha, that's pretty ironic, I'm selling mine to get a 2011 135i. I'll race ya' ;)

Good advice. I'm probably gonna switch the wheels out this weekend, and toss the wheels up on the forum for sale. I'd be fine with selling it for 18, so hopefully I'll be able to.

I bought my 2008.5 CWP MS3 Sport from a guy last September, bone stock, with only 4900 miles for $18.3K. That may give you some points of reference.

Haha, that's pretty ironic, I'm selling mine to get a 2011 135i. I'll race ya' ;)

haha, hard to say what'll happen! Motor Trend ran the 335i, which is porkier than the 135i, around VIR and lapped it quicker than the Z4M. Top Gear ran the Z4M around their track and found it only .7s slower than the E9x M3. Our 0-60 is about equal, but I'll take the high-revving S54 and the M suspension over the 135i ;) Oh, and only 1800 were made. Love the performance of the 135i, though.

haha, hard to say what'll happen! Motor Trend ran the 335i, which is porkier than the 135i, around VIR and lapped it quicker than the Z4M. Top Gear ran the Z4M around their track and found it only .7s slower than the E9x M3. Our 0-60 is about equal, but I'll take the high-revving S54 and the M suspension over the 135i ;) Oh, and only 1800 were made. Love the performance of the 135i, though.

Aye, and the looks of the 135, ect., just do it for me. Not a big fan of the Z4, but I definitely respect them.

I've had two offers in the last two weeks for mine. One for $15K and one for $14.5K. I'm not in a rush or desperation yet :)

Once I put it on autotrader, I believe more offers will come in. So far only free venues have been used.

I've had two offers in the last two weeks for mine. One for $15K and one for $14.5K. I'm not in a rush or desperation yet :)

Once I put it on autotrader, I believe more offers will come in. So far only free venues have been used.

What are the stats on your car?

Sorry I missed your question earlier. Your asking price seems right in the reasonable range for right now. I don't know how much it'll depreciate once it turns 2011, but I suspect it will go down though.

ughh thats what i'm planning to do in the future. sell my baby ms3 for a 135i... or the 2011 widebody wrx =\ haahah

Back