Genesis Coupe - Modded pics

i see this as becoming the new "hot" car like the evo's and sti's of the day. the market is going to be flooded with aftermarket parts, major companys are going to be doing big builds for sema and every magazine will have it as a project car. if anything hyundai just got a huge chunk of the automotive market, causing it to be number one. it has came a very long way from an engineering company.

and yes the genesis is hot. mazda should get on the ball.

i see this as becoming the new "hot" car like the evo's and sti's of the day. the market is going to be flooded with aftermarket parts, major companys are going to be doing big builds for sema and every magazine will have it as a project car.
time will tell if that is true. the big variable there is the ECU and the engine itself. if the ECU is a PITA to deal with (like mazdas) or the engine/trans is weak and can't make good power cheaply you'll only get the so-so support from parts companies that people around here are used to. however if the ecu is easy to tweak and the engine is fairly stout (from what i hear it's decent) you'll definitely see some good support for the car.

also i think it's funny that most people (around here at least) only really care about the turbo version and talk about that engine when thinking performance.

The genesis looks legit to me. Besides how beauitfully they made it theres a pretty good drivetrain warranty. I might look into this car. Looks like a nice weekend car. 2.0T RWd is giving me a tickle in the pants.

well at a base price of 19.5k with a 2.0t(variant of the EvoX engine) this is gonna be the new scion....its all your gonna see on the road

this competes with the speed3, wrx, ralliart, etc, price bracket. Its to be cross-shopped b/w them and the 370/g37 coupes.

The 2.0T Track is just a couple thousand more than a GS Eclipse and you get a ton more for the money.

These are fully loaded because the Track's come with everything but you have to add stuff to the Mitsu's and they still don't have all the extras that the Genesis has.

2.0T Track $27.5
GS $24.5

2.8T Track $30,250
GT $29,982

Last edited:
any word on weight distribution on this thing yet? RWD is great but in any of the snowy climates if the car is too heavily weighted in the front it's going to be awful in the snow and turn people off. if it's close to 50/50 it'll be much more appealing to the north.

it should be pretty even. The engine is mounted biased behind the axle.

im trying to see if its in any of the paperwork my service manager gave me.

edit: Cant find it in any of my info. I just have trim and pricing sheets.

Last edited:
any word on weight distribution on this thing yet? RWD is great but in any of the snowy climates if the car is too heavily weighted in the front it's going to be awful in the snow and turn people off. if it's close to 50/50 it'll be much more appealing to the north.

54/46 same as the G37.

but its rwd, with the drift craze, im sure people will pay that little more.

so what your really saying is that there is going to be a lot of these cars in junk yards, and we will have plenty of spare parts? Because all the little fast and furious kids are going to be drifting themselves right into a concrete median or ditch? SCORE!

Rhys Millen is already drifting one for red bull
rmr-red-bull-genesis-coupe_2.jpg

Back