Genesis Coupe - Modded pics

im still 50 50 on it. i kinda like it, but probably because it looks a LOT like a 350z or g35

Link is blocked by firewalls at work....."adult content" (uhm)

KDM the new JDM? :p

did anyone see the commercial during the Super Bowl?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGjQ__10Vzs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGjQ__10Vzs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
did anyone see the commercial during the Super Bowl?

yea it was pretty cool but i still cant over it being a hyundai, i mean i like the car but i just dont think i could buy one, but ill wait until i see it out on the road

KDM the new JDM? :p

LOL, but I'll wait and see real life numbers, and then long-term reliaibility and service stats. JDM had to work hard its way up for some time.

Nothing against KDM, and its way up may take less time, but I'm sure it will not be an instantaneous win (dunno)

I don't think the design is quite as well sorted out as the Infiniti. Hyundai once again overcooked the design a bit, with some exaggeration where it wasn't needed. Remember the original Tiburon with all the bulges and creases? If you look closely, that same design thinking exists here too. The nose looks like a rush job. What's with that completely non-descript, boring and undersized grille? It screams Spectra.

I like it and it's probably a blast to drive, but I'm not in love with the look. The droopy 1/4 window is nearly a deal-breaker.

I will take one any day of the week, i love the genesis coupe. 2.0T rwd ftw! The engine desgin is called the "world engine" the same block at the EVOX 4B11 but with different internals.

Not a bad looking car, but there will never be a Hyundai in my driveway.

LOL, but I'll wait and see real life numbers, and then long-term reliaibility and service stats. JDM had to work hard its way up for some time.

Nothing against KDM, and its way up may take less time, but I'm sure it will not be an instantaneous win (dunno)

How long have the Koreans been in the market? It's been at least 15 years now... They've been making solid cars with great value for a while now, but without much to get excited about. Now the Genesis cars provide a little more of that.

I wonder if they could rip off infinity any more...I'm sorry I just can't get over that

They stole the stereo design?

I had hope for this, but after sitting in one at the auto show, it disappointed me. Its a day late and a dollar short. Expect to see them at local high schools in about a year.

it is very well priced....

Unique to the Coupe lineup is the R-Spec model, which Hyundai considers a clean slate for tuners. Priced at $23,750, it is $3,000 less than the 2.0T Track model, leaving tuners with extra cash for their own choice of aftermarket performance upgrades. It has all the same mechanical upgrades as the Track model, but lacks the premium leather seats, Xenon lights, and navigation

Back