Gen2 Wide Body Kit

P2K

:
DBA-BK3P
A company out of Japan called Street Special debuted a new wide body kit for the Gen2 Mazdaspeed3. The rear is actually an over fender and the front is a direct replacement. The OEM bumpers do not have to be modified from what I can tell. I'm not a big fan of wide body kits in general, but I'd have to say that this kit isn't over the top and is nicely done. I know this is considered rice to some, but it's actually in good taste. Major cutting of the original fenders will have to be done to accommodate your new wheel specs. When all is done, it looks really nice. It didn't take the pics, I got them directly off their blog site. They did this car for the 2012 Tokyo Auto Style Show held on 4 August. There isn't anymore info on it as far as pricing or if this is just a one-off kit made for the show. This is just something I stumbled across yesterday and thought I would share. Wheel specs are TE37 18x10.5 +15.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a short video of it at the show. They switched out the wheels with Volk Racing VR.G2. I'm not sure of the specs.

I like it overall...

The back, very nice, front could look good if they fix the fitting. If you look closely at the space between the front bumper and the new part they created for the front wheels, on both sides, theyre almost touching each other. Also, theres something about the surroundings of the headlights that doesnt look right.

Anyways, I like it, but I wouldnt do it...

Nice find by the way!

The sound of "Wide Body Kit" makes me cringe, but the finished product looks much better than I expected

Back