Front Brake Pads

I was just wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem that I have.

My front brake pads seem to wear unevenly. This inner pad is down to the replace indicator and the out side pad is fine.

Is this normal? I personally don't think so.
:confused:

hey

that's what you get with 1 piston brake calipers unfortunately. not much you can do. shouldnt be a HUGE difference in brake wear, but the inners will wear out quicker.

personally i'm going to replace the front with 4 piston calipers and the rear with 2 piston down the track.

later

I just checked mine.. the inner one is worn out ALOT more than the outer one... How do you remove the pad by the way?

hey

i havent done it myself as i dont have the need to at the moment, but check out www .EDITED, why the hell do people feel it is right to give away the manual?.com
that'll help for sure.

later

Does anyone know how long/many miles our brakes should last before thinking about having to replace them?

Thanks!

to remove pads, removw wheel, reach to the rear of the caliper, and take off the black plastic cap with a rubber boot at the base. you'll need a large "allen wrench" to get in their, take the screw out of there, then swing the caliper apart.

remove the spring pieces that clip in, then push the pads out...installation is reverse of removal.

i dont really appreciate that my reply is edited. i quite frankly dont see anything wrong with letting all mazda protege owners knowing where to get it for free. i didnt place it on the internet, mazdamotorsport did. if there is a problem with it being online, i suggest contacting them.

later

Yeah, who the hell cares about the Protege shop manual being online for free. I say screw Mazda for the many hours I've spent at the dealer getting my bushings replaced - and still no permanent fix. I'll take my free manual thank you.

Chris

Nobody can tell you because it will get edited out. But if you do some simple internet searches, you will be amazed ;).

Chris

Back