2015 CX-5 OEM pad/rotor/hardware (MazdaSwag) and brake fluid flush

Kedis82ZE8

'15 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
Gathering the parts… I’m fine with performance of OEM hardware and going to do a flush with my Motiv brake bleeder

Local dealers wanted $100 or so more than this on parts. If others get OEM parts cheaper let everyone know. I purchased through Mazdaswag

IMG_2007.jpeg

I was using these PNs

Front Brake Pads
K0Y1-33-28ZB

Front Brake Pad Hardware Kit
K0Y1-33-29Z

Front Rotors
K011-33-251B

Rear Brake Pads
K0Y1-26-48ZD
KBY62648Z

Rear Brake Pad Hardware Kit
K0Y1-26-49ZA

Rear Rotors
K011-26-251C

I didn’t get a chance to take a picture of extracted fluid but it was a little darker than vial on the left. Easy one person job… sit back and wait for fluid bleed on each wheel. I try to keep the bleeder container at 10 psi. I put fluid in pressure container with mine.. I know some just use for pressure and refill master reservoir. Not really an issue for me to clean everything up with denatured alcohol.

brake-fluid-flush-big.jpg

I used this adapter with the thicker included gasket

1118png_2048x.png

IMG_2983_2048x.jpg

Last edited:
Before you buy new rotors, see if yours can be turned. This is a 100% acceptable practice according to the Mazda FSM. You can save a significant amount of money this way.

I didn’t get a chance to take a picture of extracted fluid but it was a little darker than vial on the left. Easy one person job… sit back and wait for fluid bleed on each wheel. I try to keep the bleeder container at 10 psi. I put fluid in pressure container with mine.. I know some just use for pressure and refill master reservoir. Not really an issue for me to clean everything up with denatured alcohol.

brake-fluid-flush-big.jpg

I used this adapter with the thicker included gasket

1118png_2048x.png

IMG_2983_2048x.jpg
Never thought of hanging the bottle like that! Brilliant!

Put the wheels back on this morning and took it out for a test drive.

Perfect in all regards... braking, pedal feel, and stopping distance feels like new

Back