From LX to MSP- my build.

i really wish i updated this thread more.. i think i'm going to get the wheel bearings this week. put that beast on the ground, and start it up...

well it seems to be that i'm getting a larger than i'd ever expected tax refund this year.. so, i'll be finishing the protege(putting it on the road) within the next few weeks. no more dilly dollying around. bearings are being ordered. powdercoated calipers, speed 6 rotors.. yeah. then i'll be driving. can't wait. gas is going to be SOOO much cheaper, and better mileage.. cannot wait!

ordered the front wheel bearings yesterday. just picked up a set of XXR 527 18x8.75 +35.. don't know if they're going on my STi or the lx.. i do have speed 3 wheels for the lx.. hmm. which would look better?

wheel bearings came in, and were installed. I'm going to hopefully get some pictures today.

gonna RE remove the ac lines and stuff.
finish totally bolting the spindles in.
probably drop the calipers off to the powder coater.
hopefully the rest of my money will come very soon so i can send dino the money for the trans build.(THEN I"LL HAVE A PAR STRAIGHT CUT TRANS, and a SEPARATE STRAIGHT CUT 4TH GEAR FOR SALE...HINT HINT!)

well i promised you all some pictures.. so here you go!
things i did-
put axles back in car.
hooked up spindles again.
re-took out the ac, even the interior box.
installed the ecu and harness for the car, replaced carpet and trim pieces.
put wheels on and dropped on ground to see where it looks(going lower for sure.might need smaller tires)
picked up the brake calipers to be dropped off for powder coating.
realized i cannot wait to drive it again, and do the harness project.. this harness is JUNK!

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

Bump. Going to do more work today. Gonna lower the car more, button up the wiring harness, and interior pieces. Hope to have this thing alive sooner than later!

Pretty sad that i posted that I was selling the car and no one said s***.. Guess no one's interested anymore??

anyways, just bought all shifter bushings, bronzoil bushings, and a ss clutch line for the pro from corksport.

havent been on all weekend, woot to the progress!

stance looks good, and damn is that sc big. cant wait to see that thing in there. awesome!

Looks like the SC will fit nicely across the front :)

Are you still going to go with a non-power steering rack? Have you considered an electric power steering pump?

havent been on all weekend, woot to the progress!

stance looks good, and damn is that sc big. cant wait to see that thing in there. awesome!
Thanks man. yeah i was just surprised honestly..The s/c is big and that's kind of an issue. another reason i'd like to do away with power steering.

Looks like the SC will fit nicely across the front :)

Are you still going to go with a non-power steering rack? Have you considered an electric power steering pump?

I want to go with a non power steering rack, but i cannot for the life of me find one.. I haven't really considered electric because honestly, i don't want power steering at all, but i'd like to do it the correct way. i don't want to just cap some lines and call it done.

do you guys have any non power steering racks down there?

Thanks man. yeah i was just surprised honestly..The s/c is big and that's kind of an issue. another reason i'd like to do away with power steering.

I want to go with a non power steering rack, but i cannot for the life of me find one.. I haven't really considered electric because honestly, i don't want power steering at all, but i'd like to do it the correct way. i don't want to just cap some lines and call it done.

do you guys have any non power steering racks down there?

why no just properly de-power your steering rack?

why no just properly de-power your steering rack?
I would like to just have a proper non power rack. I've never seen anyone "properly" de power it, and it be the same as a non power steering rack.

that being said, if you can show me some info proving this theory, link me. If not, wanna find me a non power steering rack up there?:)

Nope but the mp3 rack has a tighter ratio

Yeah i've heard that.

Looks like the next thing i'm going to do is de power my rack. So i'll be pulling lines and things this week. Pics to come. Sucks I didn't see this before I put the motor and transmission in. dang.

Latest posts

Back