For all of you with LSD breakage problems...

Sub for later...

LSD is on my list of fixes when I get my motor rebuilt.

Why would he need AV status?? Isn't he just notifying us of a new product for our cars??? I could see if he worked for them...
QFT

people really need to slow down and READ before replying... I'm not just ranting in particular about this thread but many other threads many people are doing... this is especially important when someone represents the forum which is a great embarrassment when a simple mistake is made ;)

Wow, I'm really confused now...... Any who, my tranny talk and mechanical talk isn't up to pair so could anyone tell me the main difference between a welded LSD and a Quaife? Sorry new to this subject.

Wow, I'm really confused now...... Any who, my tranny talk and mechanical talk isn't up to pair so could anyone tell me the main difference between a welded LSD and a Quaife? Sorry new to this subject.

...biggest difference? engineering...

evidently the new lsd or quaife is better for traction/handling/power overall...

some are arguing that if you weld the msp lsd, it's just like it..

i tend to disagree with that, because there's obviously a reason someone engineered something like this-for better performance.

The difference mainly is the gearing inside of it, but the non revised LSD for the MSP wasn't that good, the Revised one was MUCH better, but the weak point was still the Ceasing falling off (which I don't see why they didn't fix that, a little welding doesn't hurt lol)

And yes, this LSD Prob is just as good, or even better then the MSP LSD, but that being said what most people aim for on here, the Revised Welded LSD is MORE then enough to hold it.

What we need is someone to do a comparison of this LSD and the Revised Welded LSD. Both can hold what you can toss at it, it just goes down to how it preforms, which will be ABOUT the same.

Sorry guys but the difference between the quaife/this diff and the msp diff are pretty big.

First off power holding. I can't speak for the mfactory (I have seen many claims of quaife like performance and just about all have failed) but they should all hold the same power. A welded msp lsd will hold basically all you can throw at it and you will break an axle before you run into diff issues. So if your looking just for strength its whatever you want here

HOWEVER here is the difference, the quaife and mfactory diff are helical type diffs which have much better response than the stock msp diff. Helical diff's in fwd application are almost always prefered so this is where the mfactory and quaife win out and why it could be worth the extra cash to somebody.

Sorry guys but the difference between the quaife/this diff and the msp diff are pretty big.

First off power holding. I can't speak for the mfactory (I have seen many claims of quaife like performance and just about all have failed) but they should all hold the same power. A welded msp lsd will hold basically all you can throw at it and you will break an axle before you run into diff issues. So if your looking just for strength its whatever you want here

HOWEVER here is the difference, the quaife and mfactory diff are helical type diffs which have much better response than the stock msp diff. Helical diff's in fwd application are almost always prefered so this is where the mfactory and quaife win out and why it could be worth the extra cash to somebody.
thank you.

sorry guys.. i didn't realize there were so many fanboi's of the stock MSP diff...

please ask anyone on this forum who has upgraded to the quaife if it was a worthwhile upgrade. i can guarantee that even though it cost $1300+, they will say yes it was definitely worth every penny.

the MFactory lsd offers all the advantages of the Quaife, at about half the price. i'm not going to keep arguing as to why its better. there is a reason why i spent the last six months working with this company to design/test/etc these things. the reason? to give us mazda guys a good option aside from the overpriced quaife. apparently my efforts were in vain for a lot of you guys?

sorry guys.. i didn't realize there were so many fanboi's of the stock MSP diff...

please ask anyone on this forum who has upgraded to the quaife if it was a worthwhile upgrade. i can guarantee that even though it cost $1300+, they will say yes it was definitely worth every penny.

the MFactory lsd offers all the advantages of the Quaife, at about half the price. i'm not going to keep arguing as to why its better. there is a reason why i spent the last six months working with this company to design/test/etc these things. the reason? to give us mazda guys a good option aside from the overpriced quaife. apparently my efforts were in vain for a lot of you guys?

some people are just ignorant of facts. it's fine dude. thanks for the input and keeping us updated. i WILL be buying one of these. thank you

First off power holding. I can't speak for the mfactory (I have seen many claims of quaife like performance and just about all have failed)

Sorry, could you explain exactly what you meant by this statement? We have yet to have a single LSD failure, and around 70% of our LSD's are used on SFWD/Outlaw Drag Cars pushing 800whp+

I think he meant to say that he doesn't know how yours are but all other claims before by other people with other solutions have been false.

Group Buy! Group Buy!! Group Buy!!!
(iagree)
(cabpatch)(rockon)
(dance)

Would we need new axels when installing this on a P5?
How much extra would that be?

I was thinking that the LSD would require shorter axels. I'm stock so I don't have an LSD, wouldn't that have to fit somewhere in between my trans and hubs? I'm a noob, but it's ok...

I was thinking that the LSD would require shorter axels. I'm stock so I don't have an LSD, wouldn't that have to fit somewhere in between my trans and hubs? I'm a noob, but it's ok...

seriously? are you being serious???

i can't tell.. but the lsd goes inside the trans.and the axles click into it.

factory axles from either a mazdaspeed or n/a protege should go right in. same as when you put an msp LSD into the regular protege trans.

its embarrassing and offensive to someone who genuinely shares something new with the community to be confronted in a manner displayed in this thread by some people. i won't say anything more on that.

to the original poster, thanks for sharing and it looks like a nice product.

Back