For all of you with LSD breakage problems...

If all of this works out and it is what they say it is Ken you should stock them.

EDIT: if this was around when my LSD went POO I would have bought one. Fo0-shizzle!!!

Oh and cp boost will blow anyone out of the water ;) I think it was 800+ hp in their drag protege, but it's not streetable at all haha.

i think the idea is to have a streetable one..

mine will be up there sometime when i get a job and can put funds down into it.

that was the point of my post dude... i did nothing wrong

i was simply asking (MFactory themselves) if there is going to be a group buy happening or vendor status coming soon... or if there isnt then i will just order it off the boards.. but if there is then i want in on the discount..

chill, im not here to wreck the party

I'm chilled... and you're chilled...

let's chill!

So my stock Mazdaspeed Protege LSD broke the other day. I think I am going to pick up one of these. I'm still unclear exactly which version I need to order.

Just like to say a few things here...This thread was brought to my attention via PM because it didn't start out very well (and I agree)...That said, I'm glad to see it seems to be on track now.

I did do a bit of cleaning and I don't want to have to do anymore, so please keep this thread clean and useful.

Thank you!

therieldeal...Thanks for posting a heads up about this MFactory unit and respecting our GB/Vendor Rules. As it appears now, you don't need any sort of Vendor status just for informing your fellow Members about a new product from a company that you do not work for...However, if you decide to do a GB, you will need my approval.

MFactory...Welcome to Mazda Forums, please note our Vendor Rules (VENDOR Application Forms) and that AV or AMM status is required before conducting business on the forums in any way, shape or form (including GBs etc). Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

wow i dont stop by in a few days and this thread gains 2 pages!

i'm not sure if there will be any future group buys, but i do know that you can simply order from their site if you wish as they are essentially in stock at this point. i wont personally be organizing any more group buys for these, so i haven't asked MFactory about it either.

Am I going to need new diff bearings as well if my diff broke? Or is that something I won't know until the everything is disassembled?

Last edited:
Am I going to need new diff bearings as well if my diff broke? Or is that something I won't know until the everything is disassembled?

if you're going to tear it apart, why wouldn't you replace a couple cheap parts while you're in there? you don't have to... but... to have the peace of mind I can't imagine why you wouldn't. My trans basically got all clearances checked and adjusted, bearings replaced... anything else that was accessable while it was split. well worth it IMO.

i would say yes, you definitely will need new ones. its damn near impossible to press the bearings off the stock diff without damaging them in some way... there's just not enough room to get behind them with a puller or bearing seperator.

MFactory carries high quality japanese made Nachi bearings, which is likely the same brand you will find in your transmission when you open it up (i've opened up several :)). current OE dealer replacement bearings are NSK brand, also high quality.

Mfactory's price isn't any better or worse than anywhere else, but this way you can get everything from one place.

http://www.teammfactory.com/products.php?category=Differential Bearings

Back