Fishdonotbounce's 2008.5 CWP Speed3 GT "Build" Thread

The Hypertech is definitely on the list of mods to be done. I'm really just trying to improve my driver mod as much as I can before messing with big stuff like the HT. I'm extremely happy with the car now, especially with traction control off. More improvements are definitely on the way.

A Matt Damond Oil Catch Can was shipped yesterday to me so that will be installed when it comes in. It is the best catch can I could find when researching them. I'm taking every precaution I can with the car to ensure it stays running in tip top shape for a very very long time.

Mazda Wheels locks were also ordered but they shipped to my Columbus address so I'll pick those up soon.

MSP Racing Harts are also going to be picked up August 6th. They will be probably be painted white but they will be getting Bridgestone Blizzaks for winter use exactly like Lara's setup.

Real nice plan moving forward.

I agree that CWP is an awesome color. I never would've considered white when I bought mine. But now that I've seen several in person it is definitely a great color.

The Hypertech is definitely on the list of mods to be done. I'm really just trying to improve my driver mod as much as I can before messing with big stuff like the HT. I'm extremely happy with the car now, especially with traction control off. More improvements are definitely on the way.

A Matt Damond Oil Catch Can was shipped yesterday to me so that will be installed when it comes in. It is the best catch can I could find when researching them. I'm taking every precaution I can with the car to ensure it stays running in tip top shape for a very very long time.

Mazda Wheels locks were also ordered but they shipped to my Columbus address so I'll pick those up soon.

MSP Racing Harts are also going to be picked up August 6th. They will be probably be painted white but they will be getting Bridgestone Blizzaks for winter use exactly like Lara's setup.

Just a quick fyi for you Ivan, I am know doing marketing for CP-E. They are looking to do more racing applications, they are working with i-Moto and Freedom, looking to do more with Mustangs, BMW and a few others in Grand-Am GS & ST classes.

I didn't know that you had started a build thread, so when I found it I read it and got caught-up. I really want to see your car, from the comments made by Wes and Evan it must be choice. CWP would be my pick for color also. Are you going to stick with "charlie" for a name and call your car him/he? IMO it is bad luck, on second thought keep the name just make it a her/she. I'm pretty sure not too many of us would make "gender bender" comments. In all seriousness congrats again on the new ride he/she looks good in the pictures.

Haha well Charlie ran well for Tom when he had the car. I told Tom I would keep it at Charlie but to be honest I think I'm going to revoke all names from the car and just call it my car. If I decide to name it something down the road, I will. We'll see. You have to make it out to the cookout, whenever it ends up being.

Real nice plan moving forward.

I agree that CWP is an awesome color. I never would've considered white when I bought mine. But now that I've seen several in person it is definitely a great color.

Thank you sir

Just a quick fyi for you Ivan, I am know doing marketing for CP-E. They are looking to do more racing applications, they are working with i-Moto and Freedom, looking to do more with Mustangs, BMW and a few others in Grand-Am GS & ST classes.

I'll PM you here soon.

Not sure if we will do the 2 day deal. I know that I want to I have yet to talk with Jen about it.

I should be making the cookout on Sunday (I hope). Could be the day for an epic photoshoot! Wes' shots look awesome...getting really good with the camera, man!

Thanks man. There aren't too many future mods but they'll be coming along. I'm really working on improving how well I drive the car right now. It's amazingly fast (at least to me) and I want to make sure that I'm good at driving it the way it is before I go adding any more power or anything.

Future mods will include things like TWM full shifter assembly replacement, Hypertech, Hawk HPS pads, stainless steel brake pads, and on and on. I plan on tackling the suspension after doing a good amount of research. The car already handles extremely well and everything but the strut and spring combo is stock.

Installed these today. Going to do the oil catch can a bit later when it cools down.

2011-07-31132541.jpg

Installed the Matt Damond oil catch can. Took longer than I thought it would due to Mazda's lack of common engineering sense. Don't have any pics since it was dark when I finished. The quality of the can looked superb.

Installed these today. Going to do the oil catch can a bit later when it cools down.

2011-07-31132541.jpg

I wish I had known that you needed locking lugs. I think I have two sets floating around in my garage somewhere.

Wow I'm surprised I never noticed this thread!! Subbin

Thanks for the pics Wes!! I know you weren't too happy with the shoot but I LOVE the pictures. Thanks again man. We can definitely do a better location on a better day sometime. I'll buy you some lunch or something for your trouble. The pictures look so good compared to seeing it on the camera's screen.

Tom, I'm very happy to keep the tradition going. As long as it's not storming today, I'm cleaning the engine bay and door jambs.

And finally, thanks Evan! We have to get James, you and I together and do a photoshoot. Other speed3's too if I'm forgetting any around here.

I haz MS3...I would love to be part of the photoshoot!

Sounds good to me! The more the merrier. I think it would be awesome to do at the BBQ or at Mid-Ohio. I'm so excited for both of those.

Hey glad you got the OCC done up right, it can be a real PITA without small hands and various needle nose pliers. Did I see that you were looking for stainless steel brake lines? I have a brand new un-used set of Corksport SS brake lines, I opened the bag because I noticed the instructions said for 2010, but I confirmed with CS via part numbers and a phone call that they are the exact same between both generations. So if you're interested let me know, looking to get $125 shipped for a $150 set of brake lines, and like I said, they're UNUSED! Also just sold my set of Hawk HPS pads and Centric blank rotors that I had left :/ I wasn't sure if I was selling when I first posted up the part out but added them on later.

Good luck with your car! It looks absolutely stunning!

Thanks man. If those brake lines are around in about a month, I might pick them up. I don't expect you to hold them for me or anything. I just bought the driver and passenger side motor mounts from CP-e so I blew my monthly parts budget by a lot. Thanks for the heads up though.

I've decided to name the car Shamu. Evan first said it a few weeks ago and ever since, I always think of it when I'm about to say anything about the car. Tom, if you're still around, sorry, but Charlie had to go. I gotta give it my own personal touch.

Actually I think Wes called her Shamu first but I like it. :)

What parts are you putting on this weekend? RSB, perhaps?

Back