Fishdonotbounce's 2008.5 CWP Speed3 GT "Build" Thread

The more I thought about it we should trade parking spaces in the garage since you are paying 1/3 the rent, it's only fair. We can do a weekly thing. You can have it starting sunday and we can switch next sunday. Deal?

So what's the next mod in the works for your car, Ivan? And what's her name?

I really don't need the garage space at all Evan until the winter possibly. it makes no difference to me at all until I have to clean a bunch of snow off the car haha. We'll talk about it when the time comes and figure something out (2thumbs)

And thanks for all the comments guys. The car is pretty well set as it sits with the exceptions of a few mods I have in mind for the future. As of now, I'm improving my driver mod and still getting used to the car.

Can't one of you, y'know, walk to the next room to hash this out? It's like a married couple lying in bed texting sweet nothings over the intertubes. lawl.

IMG_9112edit.jpg

IMG_9117edit.jpg

Ivancomp.jpg

Not really happy with how this shoot turned out, but we'll just have to do another with a much sweeter location! I just can't get over how clean your car is. I don't even know what to say, I'm used to 15+ year old cars with imperfections and stuff.

Looks awesome! I really like the Gen2 wheels.

That's cuz SOMEONE actually took care of it.... :) it's good to see Ivan is holding true to his word about taking care of charlie.!!

Not really happy with how this shoot turned out, but we'll just have to do another with a much sweeter location! I just can't get over how clean your car is. I don't even know what to say, I'm used to 15+ year old cars with imperfections and stuff.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the pics Wes!! I know you weren't too happy with the shoot but I LOVE the pictures. Thanks again man. We can definitely do a better location on a better day sometime. I'll buy you some lunch or something for your trouble. The pictures look so good compared to seeing it on the camera's screen.

Tom, I'm very happy to keep the tradition going. As long as it's not storming today, I'm cleaning the engine bay and door jambs.

And finally, thanks Evan! We have to get James, you and I together and do a photoshoot. Other speed3's too if I'm forgetting any around here.

spdjnke, I want to shake your hand, sir. It's nice to see people take such good care of their cars and Ivan takes very good care of your old/his new MS3. You tastefully modded it very well and I'm super jealous of it. :)

Kain, Ivan called me from his room to my room the other night.

Ivan, Don't forget I gave you the cover, its waterproof so you won't have to clean the car as often cuz of the rain.

Thanks for the pics Wes!! I know you weren't too happy with the shoot but I LOVE the pictures. Thanks again man. We can definitely do a better location on a better day sometime. I'll buy you some lunch or something for your trouble. The pictures look so good compared to seeing it on the camera's screen.

Tom, I'm very happy to keep the tradition going. As long as it's not storming today, I'm cleaning the engine bay and door jambs.

And finally, thanks Evan! We have to get James, you and I together and do a photoshoot. Other speed3's too if I'm forgetting any around here.

Thanks for the compliment, I've always been really anal when it comes to my car, as you can see yourself it's definately as I described it to be when I had it up for sale...MINT condition...ahahahhah sometime I wish I could just let things go, but then again if I did then I wouldn't be able to call myself car crazy.! ?

spdjnke, I want to shake your hand, sir. It's nice to see people take such good care of their cars and Ivan takes very good care of your old/his new MS3. You tastefully modded it very well and I'm super jealous of it. :)

So yesterday I felt like just going out and driving the car a bit for fun. I got the courage to turn traction control off and went for a few runs getting on the highway. HOLY CRAP. It was awesome! You guys will have to forgive me for being giddy about every part of this car since I know that some of you don't find this car fast or unique or anything but to me it's amazing. I'm very happy to own it. On another note, I monitored my AFR's and boost levels to make sure I wasn't spiking or running lean and I have nothing to worry about as far as those parameters go. I was in the mid 10's for AFR and no higher than 15.4 for boost. I forgot to check knock retard but I'll do that another time.

Yeah, I'm in the mid-10's and I'm trying to lean out my car. 10's are super rich, yO.

10's are insanely rich for N/A, but not as bad for FI, but still far from making the most power. I'm kinda surprised you don't shoot flames, really.

it's good that it's black smoke I assure you, since the car is known to go lean and go ZOOM ZOOM BOOM. so rich is very good. Ivan get yourself a HT tuner and you will see Charlie become the HULK with what is already on the car I assure you...once you do the DL you'll be set...trust me. Don't worry about KR, I never had an issue with it AT ALL! welllllll except when it had the CRAPPY Cobb SRI but that's a totally different ball game...CPE is the way to go...anyhow give it a shot when you can get one for cheap...you WONT regret it.

The Hypertech is definitely on the list of mods to be done. I'm really just trying to improve my driver mod as much as I can before messing with big stuff like the HT. I'm extremely happy with the car now, especially with traction control off. More improvements are definitely on the way.

A Matt Damond Oil Catch Can was shipped yesterday to me so that will be installed when it comes in. It is the best catch can I could find when researching them. I'm taking every precaution I can with the car to ensure it stays running in tip top shape for a very very long time.

Mazda Wheels locks were also ordered but they shipped to my Columbus address so I'll pick those up soon.

MSP Racing Harts are also going to be picked up August 6th. They will be probably be painted white but they will be getting Bridgestone Blizzaks for winter use exactly like Lara's setup.

sounds like a good plan with the Catch can, I was going to install one but never got around to it...I have a greddy just sitting around...I could have given it to ya. anyhow sounds like you've got good plan for charlie...remember what I told you, take care of him and he will take care of you.!!.

I'm signing off, since I'm on bimmerforums now...good luck!! and take care.

I didn't know that you had started a build thread, so when I found it I read it and got caught-up. I really want to see your car, from the comments made by Wes and Evan it must be choice. CWP would be my pick for color also. Are you going to stick with "charlie" for a name and call your car him/he? IMO it is bad luck, on second thought keep the name just make it a her/she. I'm pretty sure not too many of us would make "gender bender" comments. In all seriousness congrats again on the new ride he/she looks good in the pictures.

Back