Finally! my Aftermarket Subwoofer and Amplifier Integration into Bose Audio How To

You got to make things hard huh (lol2) J/K. Since this doesn't apply to my set up, don't quote me. My cheapo LOC has one rear and one front RCA hook up. So, for my application for two rear sub amps I would buy two RCA splitters and connect to your subs that way. For me, that would be the simplest solution.

That what I would do I was just thinking you may know what the other pair would be at the bose amp to use for the other channel.

Thanks!! (2thumbs)

I believe I found the Answers to all my questions both from your post and service manual.

Attachments

• 2015CX5BoseWireingDiagram.jpg
    2015CX5BoseWireingDiagram.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 422
Finally! my Aftermarket Subwoofer and Amplifier Integration into Bose Audio H...

I believe I found the Answers to all my questions both from your post and service manual.

Yes, I was shown this same diagram from another member Bmarsh. I probably should have posted it but he showed it to me after the install. Hopefully, it helps you all.

did anyone find out if there was a plug we can get and modify to be an interceptor , ive done this sort of thing before so you can tape into all the wiring with out any soldering, just plug and play and easy to put back to stock when you sell her

Yes, I was shown this same diagram from another member Bmarsh. I probably should have posted it but he showed it to me after the install. Hopefully, it helps you all.

So am I right to think that you tapped into the positive left front door and negative front center?? Brown, Yellow of the 3rd harness. Just want to make sure I am going to tap into the correct harness on the diagram.

did anyone find out if there was a plug we can get and modify to be an interceptor , ive done this sort of thing before so you can tape into all the wiring with out any soldering, just plug and play and easy to put back to stock when you sell her
Not to my knowledge, but for this install I went by the seat of my pants (and Power Probe III circuit tester).
So am I right to think that you tapped into the positive left front door and negative front center?? Brown, Yellow of the 3rd harness. Just want to make sure I am going to tap into the correct harness on the diagram.
looking at the diagram, your assessment seems correct. I may have to reevaluate my wiring, as it's not as professional as it could be. I do know it works though.

Not to my knowledge, but for this install I went by the seat of my pants (and Power Probe III circuit tester). looking at the diagram, your assessment seems correct. I may have to reevaluate my wiring, as it's not as professional as it could be. I do know it works though.

Ah, maybe that explains some of my confusion.

I'm pretty sure the connector in your picture isn't where you tapped into the yellow and brown speaker wires. The connector with the speaker connections should be the 0920-515C, with only 8 wires in it, and the yellow and brown wires connect to the left (brown, +, 3F) and center (yellow, -, 3H). Since these are speaker outputs, you would need your LOC! The connector in your picture is the 0920-515A (16 positions, with six places open), and the yellow and brown wires go to the AudioPilot microphone. The 0920-515B connector doesn't have a yellow and brown wire (solid colors, at least).

Skorpio, you might want to move the tap from the yellow wire to the blue wire (3C in the diagram). Since there probably isn't much bass on the center speaker (probably only when centerpoint is turned on), you are probably only 'hearing' the left channel. Maybe when you turned on centerpoint that's why it sounded so different?

I've got everything I need except TIME to install my sub. I hope to document it as well as Skorpio did! (2thumbs)

Finally! my Aftermarket Subwoofer and Amplifier Integration into Bose Audio H...

I'm going to do some experiment some this weekend with the wiring and see if I can't solve this mystery. However, the centerpoint option has always been on, but it seems to only "activate" when I play a CD, not Bluetooth or XM, hence the difference in sound. Even though there isn't much bass from the small center speaker, I believe it's because of speaker size, not from the audio signal itself. I definitely get a bass signal, "whaaat? Huuh?" (lol2)

Please share with us your install Bmarsh! (thumb)

Last edited:

For sure!

My time issue is that every weekend I'm training to hike up Mt. Whitney (highest peak in the continental U.S.) at the end of July. It doesn't leave much time each weekend :(

For sure!

My time issue is that every weekend I'm training to hike up Mt. Whitney (highest peak in the continental U.S.) at the end of July. It doesn't leave much time each weekend :(

Too cool brother! I'm envious!

I'm going to do some experiment some this weekend with the wiring and see if I can't solve this mystery. However, the centerpoint option has always been on, but it seems to only "activate" when I play a CD, not Bluetooth or XM, hence the difference in sound. Even though there isn't much bass from the small center speaker, I believe it's because of speaker size, not from the audio signal itself. I definitely get a bass signal, "whaaat? Huuh?" (lol2)

Can't wait to hear your results. I've ordered my supplies so I'll be right behind you. I'm planning on putting my 2 10s some how in the spare wheel well without having to build a new box.

I believe the center point only comes on with CDs.

Can't wait to hear your results. I've ordered my supplies so I'll be right behind you. I'm planning on putting my 2 10s some how in the spare wheel well without having to build a new box.

I believe the center point only comes on with CDs.

Two 10's in the spare well?! Can't wait to see your results, as well! Keep me informed! I'm looking for a permanent install to put my 12 into. Or, possible one or two 10's. I'm also keeping keeping an eye on Mazstyle's build for ideas. (drinks)

The harness that you unplugged from the bose amp, where you connected your loc, do you plug that back into the bose amp or leave it unplugged??

Two 10's in the spare well?! Can't wait to see your results, as well! Keep me informed! I'm looking for a permanent install to put my 12 into. Or, possible one or two 10's. I'm also keeping keeping an eye on Mazstyle's build for ideas. (drinks)

So my Current Boxes wont fit. Over 12" Tall :(

I measured the space for the wheel well and here is what I designed using some CAD software.

CX5 Box Design.jpg

The harness that you unplugged from the bose amp, where you connected your loc, do you plug that back into the bose amp or leave it unplugged??

You have to plug the harness back in.

The harness must be plugged back in or you won't have any sound. The wires are just tapped into via wire taps
de5a2u7u.jpg

So my Current Boxes wont fit. Over 12" Tall :(

View attachment 207888
(Chanting) build it!....build it!! :)

Last edited:

Ok, so now that I got a little time, I took the harness off the Bose amp and see that the LF speaker is brown and green/white stripe. Since I already had the brown one tapped, I removed the yellow wire and tapped it into the gr/wt. I didn't think I was going to get an improvement, but it sound ALOT louder, like almost a 1/3 louder! I have to readjust my gain and remote bass knob down some, and my mirrors are taking a beating! So, in summary, the correct wires to tap is brown and green/white. Thanks go out to Bmarsh and Popinfreshpsk for the helpful diagrams! Now, I got to go paint my rear calipers and a how to rear brake job! (2thumbs)

Btw, a 12" and JL 500/1 v2 is way overkill (lol2), so for you guys thinking of 2 10's you're gonna rattle some interior pieces loose! (hearya)

Last edited:
heheh

Perhaps i'm bias on wanting more subs, I did this basic upgrade on the wifes car.

22072006006Large.jpg~original

22072006003Large.jpg~original

15072006009Large.jpg~original

27052006002Large.jpg~original

Ok, so now that I got a little time, I took the harness off the Bose amp and see that the LF speaker is brown and green/white stripe. Since I already had the brown one tapped, I removed the yellow wire and tapped it into the gr/wt. I didn't think I was going to get an improvement, but it sound ALOT louder, like almost a 1/3 louder! I have to readjust my gain and remote bass knob down some, and my mirrors are taking a beating! So, in summary, the correct wires to tap is brown and green/white. Thanks go out to Bmarsh and Popinfreakpsk for the helpful diagrams! Now, I got to go paint my rear calipers and a how to rear brake job! (2thumbs)

Btw, a 12" and JL 500/1 v2 is way overkill (lol2), so for you guys thinking of 2 10's you're gonna rattle some interior pieces loose! (hearya)

Perhaps i'm bias on wanting more subs, I did this basic upgrade on the wifes car.

Mazstyle, you biased?! I couldnt tell(lol2)! I was about where you are about 8 years ago mod-wise, but I don't go crazy these days. But, looking at your posts make get the custom mod bug again (smash). Btw, does the door enclosures get in the way of your legs, or they make a good rest area (popcorn)

Mazstyle, you biased?! I couldnt tell(lol2)! I was about where you are about 8 years ago mod-wise, but I don't go crazy these days. But, looking at your posts make get the custom mod bug again (smash). Btw, does the door enclosures get in the way of your legs, or they make a good rest area (popcorn)

Skorpio, I wanted to say thank you for posting this thread. I was reading thread after thread with so many questions. It seamed like everyone was posting the wire diagram for the NON bose system, and finally I found all the needed info in one thread.

Back