Fidanza Flywheel now Available

briand805 said:
The stage two will hold a conservative 260 torque @ the flywheel.. thats a direct quote from a SPEC rep I have been speaking with.

Yea but think about turbo + other mods...its not going to hold up well...if you plan on going turbo then 3 is the way to go. you get turbo, exhaust, header, flywheel, and whatever else/possibly forged internals, and that clutch will be slipping and not only that but could just go completely if you drop it at to high an rpm. nothing against it but to be safe the 3 is the way to go.

IMC Mazda Axela said:
Yea but think about turbo + other mods...its not going to hold up well...if you plan on going turbo then 3 is the way to go. you get turbo, exhaust, header, flywheel, and whatever else/possibly forged internals, and that clutch will be slipping and not only that but could just go completely if you drop it at to high an rpm. nothing against it but to be safe the 3 is the way to go.

I agree completly.. Thats why I sent back the stage two plate for the stage 3 upon learing this from SPEC back in august..

briand805 said:
I agree completly.. Thats why I sent back the stage two plate for the stage 3 upon learing this from SPEC back in august..

What is the stage 3 rated to handle?

AzMz3 said:
What is the stage 3 rated to handle?

I believe he said it was rated at 300 or maybe he said 320.. We also talked at length about how much abuse it would be able to take in that range.. I was assured it could handle those numbers easily. I don't plan on doing internals any time soon (unless they are free) so it will be more than enough for me.

Stage 3... ;-) awaiting the Fidanza FW... (yippy)

552940_62_full.jpg

Nice I got mine today too... don't have pics though... Quick question though, did your tool or bearing come in there cause the site says it comes with the kit....and I don't think I see it anywhere in mine...and not in your pics.

IMC Mazda Axela said:
Nice I got mine today too... don't have pics though... Quick question though, did your tool or bearing come in there cause the site says it comes with the kit....and I don't think I see it anywhere in mine...and not in your pics.

My stage 3 plate shipped out today.
And the alignment tool came with the kit..
The pilot bearing and release fork do not.
My alignment tool.. looks just like this
t_1943_01.jpg

It was stuck inside some bubble wrap.

I called SPEC and Ultrarev this morning and spoke to them about the tool, release fork and pilot bearing and they said we do not need those parts. Everything they sent + FW will work just fine the car is so new. Not only that but that our cars have some kind of internal slave that would be the problen and if you need that your mechanic will let you know if you need to replace that when they do your clutch. I am trusting this and not going to worry anymore about this thing and the extra parts. I have never had to do a new clutch in my other cars so this is my first, but I am just going with the flow.

IMC Mazda Axela said:
I called SPEC and Ultrarev this morning and spoke to them about the tool, release fork and pilot bearing and they said we do not need those parts. Everything they sent + FW will work just fine the car is so new. Not only that but that our cars have some kind of internal slave that would be the problen and if you need that your mechanic will let you know if you need to replace that when they do your clutch. I am trusting this and not going to worry anymore about this thing and the extra parts. I have never had to do a new clutch in my other cars so this is my first, but I am just going with the flow.

For them to presume you don't need to replace those parts is pretty bold..

It is standard procedure to replace the pilot bearing every time you change the clutch. It is a $1 part. Kind of like changing the o'rings on an oil filter when you cange your oil.

Without actually inspecting your release fork no one will know if it needs replacing. I would rather have the parts in hand if needed than the alternative which is scrambling to get special order parts over nighted.

I would rather not use old parts in my new high pressure clutch system. Especially when the cost is negligible to replace them at this point compaired to later when they fail.

Whatever you decide i hope things workout.

briand805 said:
For them to presume you don't need to replace those parts is pretty bold..

It is standard procedure to replace the pilot bearing every time you change the clutch. It is a $1 part. Kind of like changing the o'rings on an oil filter when you cange your oil.

Without actually inspecting your release fork no one will know if it needs replacing. I would rather have the parts in hand if needed than the alternative which is scrambling to get special order parts over nighted.

I would rather not use old parts in my new high pressure clutch system. Especially when the cost is negligible to replace them at this point compaired to later when they fail.

Whatever you decide i hope things workout.

righto'

deffinatly replace the pilot bearing and release fork when y ou put in a new clutch b/c otherwise when they do fail you will need to open everything back up to change out 140$ worth of parts.... not worth it at all, do it when you change your clutch and fw....

ok well then someone there should be telling people to do what is right for their cars... I guess I need to order these things then....I'm so confused this was thought to be so much easier....this blows.

IMC Mazda Axela said:
ok well then someone there should be telling people to do what is right for their cars... I guess I need to order these things then....I'm so confused this was thought to be so much easier....this blows.

its not that bad, you just need to buy the clutch, fw, pilot bearing and release fork so when you open it up you take out all the parts and put all new parts in.... it is a very common application... not sure why some one would tell you otherwise...

I don't know either all I know is I was told those things should be fine and that was from 2 companies selling the product. I went and bought the other 2 items so know once I get everything I should be ready to go for the install. Thanks everyone for the help, I can't wait to get this done.

briand805 said:
Just got an email from fidanza stating they flywheels should ship to UltraRev next week.

Flys shipping today and tomorrow for those that purchased.. thanks xenon929 for the heads up.

Got my flywheel today...woop!!!! can't wait now I have everything and just need the clutch and flywheel to be installed. Probly wont get it done till monday though...sucks to wait but gotta do what I gotta do. (first)

Back