fap fap fap fap

Trust me, you don't need anymore power in 1st and 2nd. Its basically imposible to control wheelspin on this car. Its ON or its slow... With a simple intake, you will roast your tires. And the whole limited power while turning the steering wheel is not limited...I smoke my tires at the races all the time; I don't try to though.

You can disable traction control and the steering power limit by shutting down your DSC and TC... As far as I know, mine is totally disabled...at least it feels that way.

To eaches own...
I know I don't need it, and I roast the tires as it is all the time if I want to, but that doesn't mean I don't want to have full control over my car on a track. I cook tires in corners with the DSC/TC off, but I want more direct control without electronics in the way when I track my car. Need and want are different.

Trust me, you don't need anymore power in 1st and 2nd. Its basically imposible to control wheelspin on this car. Its ON or its slow... With a simple intake, you will roast your tires.

I'm beginning to worry there's something wrong with my car. I have stock wheels/tires and I've never roasted my tires when I floor it in first or second. This is with and without an intake.

I break a little bit of traction at the top end of both gears, but they barely spin.

Is it possible something is wrong with my car?

Push the dsc button and a little light will come up on your gauge on your left this means the wheelspin is now up to you to stop. full throttle will roast em up. are you sure you have a speed 3? hahah And if so you probably just need a heavier foot!

Trust me, you don't need anymore power in 1st and 2nd. Its basically imposible to control wheelspin on this car. Its ON or its slow... With a simple intake, you will roast your tires. And the whole limited power while turning the steering wheel is not limited...I smoke my tires at the races all the time; I don't try to though.

You can disable traction control and the steering power limit by shutting down your DSC and TC... As far as I know, mine is totally disabled...at least it feels that way.

To eaches own...

how do you turn off TC?

Push the dsc button and a little light will come up on your gauge on your left this means the wheelspin is now up to you to stop. full throttle will roast em up. are you sure you have a speed 3? hahah And if so you probably just need a heavier foot!

in a straight line, but in turns the power feels greatly diminished

I've never had to turn off DCS...though I think they spin more with DSC off...

I'm beginning to worry there's something wrong with my car. I have stock wheels/tires and I've never roasted my tires when I floor it in first or second. This is with and without an intake.

I break a little bit of traction at the top end of both gears, but they barely spin.

Is it possible something is wrong with my car?

Are you still on stock rubber? Though, I still have traction issues with my race rubber...
I wouldn't worry about it...its probably the heat thats killing your power. If you had an upgraded intercooler, your power loss would be less.

I've never had to turn off DCS...though I think they spin more with DSC off...

Are you still on stock rubber? Though, I still have traction issues with my race rubber...
I wouldn't worry about it...its probably the heat thats killing your power. If you had an upgraded intercooler, your power loss would be less.

Yeah I'm running stock rubber. I've turned off DSC and if I floor it in 1st and 2nd I just get a little squeal as I slightly break traction in the top end.

With reading a lot of talk of people being able to roast the tires on demand, I feel like I have an anemic Speed3 :(

Note: Obviously dumping the clutch will spin the tires, so please don't suggest that, haha.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm running stock rubber. I've turned off DSC and if I floor it in 1st and 2nd I just get a little squeal as I slightly break traction in the top end.

With reading a lot of talk of people being able to roast the tires on demand, I feel like I have an anemic Speed3 :(

Note: Obviously dumping the clutch will spin the tires, so please don't suggest that, haha.

What temps are you driving in? Thats weird, my stock MS3 broke traction at the top-end slightly, but after installing the MS CAI, 1st and 2nd broke traction like crazy. I'm thinking you have heat soak and your SRI is digesting hot air.

What temps are you driving in? Thats weird, my stock MS3 broke traction at the top-end slightly, but after installing the MS CAI, 1st and 2nd broke traction like crazy. I'm thinking you have heat soak and your SRI is digesting hot air.
Heat soak takes forever to develop and requires long periods of hard running to develop. He's also not sucking in hot air with the car moving, even with an SRI.

Let me amend this slightly: I doubt it is heat soak or sucking hot air, at least early on in his drive. If he's out driving for 30 - 40 minutes before he gets into it, then maybe, but somehow I don't think this is always the case. Perhaps boost leaks?

i have test pipe, bpv, cai and my car breaks loose in second sometimes. but it's hot as **** here too though. i might reset my computer since i didn't do that for the bpv...

Let me amend this slightly: I doubt it is heat soak or sucking hot air, at least early on in his drive. If he's out driving for 30 - 40 minutes before he gets into it, then maybe, but somehow I don't think this is always the case. Perhaps boost leaks?

Yeah I definitely don't want this to turn into a CAI vs SRI thread. And I apologize to the OP if I've already thread jacked this.

Anyways, I do doubt heat soak is the issue as happy and angry has said. It's very early in my drive. I let the car warm up by driving gently for a handful of miles (but at a decent speed to make sure I'm getting good airflow).

Then I find a quiet road and test it out my acceleration.

It's unfortunate I don't have a boost gauge to check for leaks. Any other ways to check for leaks?

Also, this is a wild theory, and feel free to debunk it as it will make me feel a lot better.

Is it possible my ecu "learned to be slow".

What I mean by that, is most of my daily driving, I'm just commuting to work so I'm barely in boost.

Could my ecu have mapped to my driving habit for more of an economy standpoint?

Alot of heat will effect your power for sure I have heat soaked twice this summer. and boo. But boost leaking is a real issue on the stock turbo piping and maybe a valve check hose clamps for tightness, if you do not have the ability to read boost. My hot side Intercooler pipe got so soft from repeated heating it became useless. There are lots of reasons for power loss. Which you definitely have. On stock tires my car with MScai would spin first, most of second, would chirp third. Have the dealer check this. do not mod up your car to fix a problem. yet. Although saying I cannot smoke up tires in second might not be the best approach! Just say it seems to be down on power lately. Worth a try? i do not believe your issue is heat soak either. Maybe your tires are super sticky. How is the speedo doing under a hard run. if your 0-60 is under 6 seconds or the 1/4 is done in less than 14 secs do not worry about wheelspin!

check hose clamps for tightness, if you do not have the ability to read boost.

Yeah I may have to do this. I remember seeing a thread long ago about checking your clamps.

Although saying I cannot smoke up tires in second might not be the best approach! Just say it seems to be down on power lately. Worth a try?

Haha, definitely my thoughts exactly. I was trying to figure out how to explain this to a dealer, without looking like a ricer idiot.

Maybe your tires are super sticky.

I had this thought as well. But I am running stock tires. Not to say they suck. But it seems most people on the forums are switching to stickier rubber.

How is the speedo doing under a hard run. if your 0-60 is under 6 seconds or the 1/4 is done in less than 14 secs do not worry about wheelspin!

I'm not sure what I'm putting down for stats. Never ran a 1/4 mile. But I wholeheartedly agree that wheelspin is not a measure of how fast your car is. I was only getting concerned when I kept reading about people being able to light up their tires on demand. That's when I thought to myself... wait a minute my car doesn't do that (uhm)

Yeah I may have to do this. I remember seeing a thread long ago about checking your clamps.

Haha, definitely my thoughts exactly. I was trying to figure out how to explain this to a dealer, without looking like a ricer idiot.

I had this thought as well. But I am running stock tires. Not to say they suck. But it seems most people on the forums are switching to stickier rubber.

I'm not sure what I'm putting down for stats. Never ran a 1/4 mile. But I wholeheartedly agree that wheelspin is not a measure of how fast your car is. I was only getting concerned when I kept reading about people being able to light up their tires on demand. That's when I thought to myself... wait a minute my car doesn't do that (uhm)

yeah, i think the same thing sometimes. and then i pulled on a LS1. hehe. :)

I don't understand what the big deal is that the car doesn't pull all the way to red line? Why not just shift the car at 5500 r.p.m.?

I have been racing motorcycles for so long I can't remember, and if the bike only makes power to 12,000 I shift it at 12,000 and set the rev limiter to around 12,800 or 13,000 so I don't accidently hit the limiter by trying to shift to close to it. The Speed3 makes power to 5500 and the limiter is somewhere past 6000. Sounds o.k. to me.

I don't understand what the big deal is that the car doesn't pull all the way to red line? Why not just shift the car at 5500 r.p.m.?

I have been racing motorcycles for so long I can't remember, and if the bike only makes power to 12,000 I shift it at 12,000 and set the rev limiter to around 12,800 or 13,000 so I don't accidently hit the limiter by trying to shift to close to it. The Speed3 makes power to 5500 and the limiter is somewhere past 6000. Sounds o.k. to me.

yeah, it's OK. it would just be nice to be able to ride the gears out. i really don't understand why the rev limiter is so far from where it stops making power. they left a little room for tuning. (yes)

Fuel cut is 6,600 or so...

yeah, it's OK. it would just be nice to be able to ride the gears out. i really don't understand why the rev limiter is so far from where it stops making power. they left a little room for tuning. (yes)
you are correct sir there of course ways to run the the car up the rpms but the Turbo does lose efficiency. from what I hear. But I think they left alot of room for tuning!

Last edited:
Back