F150 Backed into my car......or the case for a less wimpy horn

I weigh my options in my mind either get into it with this jerk and tell him to give me his dang info already, or take the cash (since the damage was quite minute really) and not waste any more breath on this guy.

You had a much better option. Since you already had his plate number when he drives off call the cops. Report the accident and that the other driver refused to provide insurance information. Hopefully they will be waiting for him when he gets home. In most places not providing insurance and contact information is a hit and run, even if they do stop briefly.

By taking the $40 you muddied the water somewhat. Not completely though. You could probably claim that you felt threatened by the guy and only accepted the $40 to avoid a violent confrontation. Everybody knows that there isn't a body shop in this country that can fix a damaged door for $40, so it clearly wasn't a valid offer to pay for repairs. "Judge", says you, "he had this big truck aimed at my little Protege5, with my loved ones inside and directly in harm's way. If I didn't take the money I was afraid of what he might do next." It would probably fly since the guy basically convicted himself by refusing to exchange information.

Even a set of CSX horns is not going to stop someone who is not paying attention from doing something more stupid and wreckless.

People who are not paying attention tend not to be "wreckless".

However, I agree with you. Several times I have had to scoot out of the way of cars backing into me in parking lots who wouldn't stop when I honked at them. A louder more assertive horn might work better - the P5's "beep beep" is dangerously wimpy. Best of all, in terms of getting the attention of the person backing up, would be either a siren or an earsplitting recording of a woman screaming. However those last two aren't really options, so a louder horn is really about the best you can do.

People who are not paying attention tend not to be "wreckless".

However, I agree with you. Several times I have had to scoot out of the way of cars backing into me in parking lots who wouldn't stop when I honked at them. A louder more assertive horn might work better - the P5's "beep beep" is dangerously wimpy. Best of all, in terms of getting the attention of the person backing up, would be either a siren or an earsplitting recording of a woman screaming. However those last two aren't really options, so a louder horn is really about the best you can do.

Lmao (cryhard) ... I'd pay good money for a horn that did that.

I have hella supertones and they are awesome. They cut right through cars and traffic noise and get people's attention. Install was easy and with some zip-ties, looks pretty clean. A great investment.

So I've been doing some research, and apparently you can get a horn off a semi-truck (junk yard?), and buy the compressor and solenoid and all that good stuff. It could possibly be cheaper than the hella supertones, louder, and it'd be street legal. Lemme know what you guys think of the idea, I might go take a look around some junk yeards with a friend of mine soon

Back