evil's slow and steady build

That is glue flying. I wouldn't use a high-speed grinder like the one in the pic but a regular electric drill instead. That would heat up the paint pretty fast. I did this when I removed my spoiler and do it at work all the time when balancing high end wheels with adhesive weights. The pinstripe wheel takes old glue off with no side effects.

That is glue flying. I wouldn't use a high-speed grinder like the one in the pic but a regular electric drill instead. That would heat up the paint pretty fast. I did this when I removed my spoiler and do it at work all the time when balancing high end wheels with adhesive weights. The pinstripe wheel takes old glue off with no side effects.

I read a couple forums about this and they said I could probably get one at advance auto or an auto body store. Around $25 sound right?

A pin stripe remover on a drill works pretty well for that sort of thing. It's pretty much a magic eraser and you should be able to get one at any auto body/parts store.

Looks like this and you won't risk messing up your paint.

0609st_10_z+toyota_tacoma+eraser_wheel.jpg

I used one of these to remove my pin striping, works really well. just a little cleaning and waxing if you want after all done! :)

Unfortunately I have prom this weekend so all of my money is going towards that. This'll have to wait.

I found a picture of a protege that I want mine to look like. I don't know who owned it but I don't think its around any more. Does anyone know if we can cut out the stock grill insert instead of going for the DG motorsports model?

IMG_2580.jpg

4903223795_9f05e550de.jpg

I second the question about cutting the stock grill. I was thinking the exact same thing but I don't want to waste time getting a spare grill and trying -.-

Hey people been looking for a group to assist and facilate my ambition to rebuild my mazda protege... I'm an undergraduate in my final year means more time with car... engine is currently a massive disappointment just debating a replacement or service it part by part... anyway for the moment would love any advice on upgrades on my brakes suspension and tyres... really want to make the car my own so any advice would ne appreciate and we xan watch it transform together..

Hey people been looking for a group to assist and facilate my ambition to rebuild my mazda protege... I'm an undergraduate in my final year means more time with car... engine is currently a massive disappointment just debating a replacement or service it part by part... anyway for the moment would love any advice on upgrades on my brakes suspension and tyres... really want to make the car my own so any advice would ne appreciate and we xan watch it transform together..
Mazdaspeed six breaks are bolt on with the rotors. And the rears you need the parking brake cables to go with. Wheels need to be no smaller than 17 to fit.

Mazdaspeed six breaks are bolt on with the rotors. And the rears you need the parking brake cables to go with. Wheels need to be no smaller than 17 to fit.

Ok coolest thanks for the heads up... You know where i can hook em up and i can work on ticking em of the list...?? And which model/year speed 6 brake kit are we talking about...??

Attachments

• 2014-02-17 23.04.20.jpg
    2014-02-17 23.04.20.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 2015-01-02 18.05.03.jpg
    2015-01-02 18.05.03.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 140
Its all good just found a thread with the mazda 6 brake kit installation before and after pics... Looks really solid however i noticed that he got five bolts and i got 4 on mine... is that a small issue and possibly changeable... The attachements are images of my car...

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123773253-MazdaSpeed-Protege-with-MazdaSpeed-6-Brakes
Good catch. I missed that you had posted in the regular protege lounge. You would need to do the five stud spindle conversion. You could than upgrade to mazdaspeed protege calipers and disk or go bigger to speed 6. My speed 6 calipers came from an 06 but I bead they were the same. Search the forum. I know there is a thread on the spindle wheel conversion.

Good catch. I missed that you had posted in the regular protege lounge. You would need to do the five stud spindle conversion. You could than upgrade to mazdaspeed protege calipers and disk or go bigger to speed 6. My speed 6 calipers came from an 06 but I bead they were the same. Search the forum. I know there is a thread on the spindle wheel conversion.

yeah mate i looked it up as soon as i noticed it and i already know about the conversion adapters... been looking at clips on youtube and online shopping... i found alot of stuff so i'm heading in the right direction.. what i'm happy about is i can get some much needed advice from people who are in the same boat or tackled the same issues... what i would like to find out now is if you have any good online car accessory store that does world wide shipping i can work with for mazda performance and other upgrades...??? Links to what a conversion adapter and wheel spacers for your wide tyres are below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llbzu0bqX-w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6u6a2N2ck

Back