evil's slow and steady build

theevilm

:
'03 Mazda Protege LX
So I've decided to start a build thread. Been on the site for awhile and I've started to put more money into my car. I might as well document everything someplace. This is going to be the usual slow build. I'm a college student that has bigger dreams than my finances will allow haha. Here are some of the pictures I've taken so far. More will be uploaded soon!

Got bored, decided to cf wrap my sail panels.

cf wrapped front emblem.

Rally armor universal mudflaps. HUGE pain the butt to fit them properly. They'll be coming off when I lower the car. Looks too ricey on this car. And I don't want to be a Subaru poser haha.

Plastidipped stock wheels. Let me know what you think!

More pictures

Bad cell pics, sorry about the quality.
Blackout out emblems

These are what I use to wake up the neighbors(band)

Worst photos of the bunch. Tried to show that I put sound deadener all over my trunk. I also have the rear quarter panels and the rear deck lined. Oh, and now when I close my trunk lid, it sounds like a mercedes door.

Basic Kenwood headunit

These came in the mail today! Tein s-tech springs. They'll be going in this weekend.

Thanks!
I just realized it, but yeah. One of the pictures is upside down. The one of my spare wheel well is. I'll have to fix that.

Coming together! Ill be doing some plastidip this weekend! Where did you get sounds deading stuff? And don't feel bad about your pics, at least you got some. I can't figure out how to post any since all I have is a so called "smart" phone. Lol I want a build thread but since I can't do pics it don't matter. Lol

I'm using my phone to take all of the pics too. I made a photobucket account. I can show you how to do it if you make one. It's pretty easy. I got the sound deadening stuff off of ebay. You can get hushmat like me, or dynamat(most expensive) or raamat. They all pretty much do the same thing. Good luck with the plastidip.

Cannot get these bolts loose. This is what I get for living in the beach area.... Going to get an impact wrench to see if these bastards will come off.

I have a photobucket account. But it doesn't seem to work on my phone for some reason. I need to sit down and play with it again.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you! I'm trying to get the springs in sometime next week. I am thinking about ordering new end links from the 2002 ford escape. They're the same length, just beefier. I heard that they give our handling a "tighter" feel. We shall see.

I have a photobucket account. But it doesn't seem to work on my phone for some reason. I need to sit down and play with it again.

I do all of my posts from a desktop. Try that and if it still gives your problems I'll help you out.

I got the end links from a ford escape moog brand and they are much beefier. I forgot if they handle tighter though its been over a year so I lost reference to how it felt before. But either way it's worth it over stock and much cheaper as well. The rear end links I'm not sure if ford escape end links will work though

One of the build threads on it said that a civic's might work. I'm not as worried about the rear as I am the front. The bolts on the front two would not budge, and they turned into circles when I put my weight on them.

In the middle of the wrench? The nut was so rusted that it deformed when I tried to loosen it.

Latest posts

Back