Engine oil solenoid valve part # or name? 2013 CX-5

Screenshot 2022-03-10 113447.jpg
Can someone please provide the part number or other name for it, it's leaking around it. Tried to look at RockAuto but no luck. It is for 2013 CX5. TIA

View attachment 308318Can someone please provide the part number or other name for it, it's leaking around it. Tried to look at RockAuto but no luck. It is for 2013 CX5. TIA
Haven’t seen anyone reporting the failure of this oil control valve PE01-14-440A near oil filter. Make sure the oil leak is not from anything above it, including the cracked cylinder head. The most common failure on the 2.5L / 2.0L is this:

Oil Control Valve Solenoid PE01-14-420A

You should check the price from this OEM parts eBay seller partsouq (or their website partsouq.com) from UAE, as the price such as OCV solenoid PE01-14-420A mentioned above is significantly lower, and you can receive the parts within a week.

I fear I just blew my 2016 CX-5 GT 2.5L engine oil solenoid valve and or Oil Control Valve (OCV) in heavy aggressive traffic and on the insanely packed highway. No oil on top of the engine where the VVT goes, cant see anything above the OCV leaking but it’s pretty tight in there and not sure where to look. Here are some pics and video, hopefully someone can help me confirm what parts I need and if I should attempt to repair myself or bring it to a garage (and get rapped I’m sure).

EDIT: on closer inspection once everything cooled down and could get my arms in there without getting burnt it appears to be leaking from the plactic on the oil pressure sending unit, hopefully can just unscrew that and replace it.

5CA878DB-647B-4ED9-BA32-EFEFCFAC1413.jpeg
7DE371CE-7608-419F-BB0F-74DAA8AFC9C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Back