Engine Fell Out!

Holy cow, now SCCA has novice groups for all the existing classes? SCCA is ruining the sport by trying to have so many classes so that "nobody loses." Nothing personal to anyone who enjoys Auto-X, but everyone was a "novice" at some point. You go in there, learn and go faster, and fight it out until you are winning DSP. At this rate, by 2015 SCCA will have a class for every possible modification, tires, etc etc.

Holy cow, now SCCA has novice groups for all the existing classes? SCCA is ruining the sport by trying to have so many classes so that "nobody loses." Nothing personal to anyone who enjoys Auto-X, but everyone was a "novice" at some point. You go in there, learn and go faster, and fight it out until you are winning DSP. At this rate, by 2015 SCCA will have a class for every possible modification, tires, etc etc.

Do you bother knowing about what you're whining about before you do it?

I can't speak for the other guy's region, but the way it works in the Cincy region(and MANY others):

Everybody in novice gets their "normal" class on their car + an N...

ALL of the people in the novice class has their "normal" PAX number applied to their raw time... and PAX numbers are compared to PAX numbers.

There is not a novice class for every single individual class.... here are the results from a Cincy SCCA event when I was in the novice PAX index for example:

http://cincyscca.com/wp-content/uploads/SoloResults/2012/PE3/pe3fin.htm

So you see I had the HS pax applied(.799) but was in the novice index, so I had HSN on my car. I ran against all the other novices as well. That day I was the king of the slow :)

There is also a street tire and pro class which are very common elsewhere too... the pro class is for the real hotshoes to go up against each other regardless of class, and the tire class is for any class that normally allows slicks or R-comps(so street touring class does not run in the tire pax... since the tires are already factored into the PAX handicap).

Latest posts

Back