Enable the trip computer

Marlon646 said:
But do you have the tech package? Is so, how did you get around it? There's no set or clock buttons on the tech package.

From what I've read, this only works for the base model, not the bose or tech packages.

I have the base and still haven't figured out to get actual information (besides dashes) to show.

I would think the Bose system would still have the set and clock buttons (which the tech package doesn't have) and in theory the trip computer should still be able to be activated. I wouldn't say that the tech package doesn't have it because it's the same display up top, I'd just say that the tech package people can't get to it to activate it or it's wired differently. Who knows what the hell they did.

Marlon646 said:
I would think the Bose system would still have the set and clock buttons (which the tech package doesn't have) and in theory the trip computer should still be able to be activated. I wouldn't say that the tech package doesn't have it because it's the same display up top, I'd just say that the tech package people can't get to it to activate it or it's wired differently. Who knows what the hell they did.

Agreed.

I'm with sleepy. I can scroll the different options with the set key. then when I start rolling, all the #'s go to dashes (-) and I actually lose some of the options (average kph, etc).

anyone know wtf I am doing wrong?>

PuroMexicano said:
WOW, it worked with mine!!!

I'll do some tests and post results!
You get it with steps combination explained above?
Or it was something different?

Last edited:
same steps as in the first post of this thread

the downside is that it displays everything in "zero" at startup, but when driving it all goes to "------"

So, no info displayed

anyone has obtained the info or everybody just gets the "----"?

DAMMIT!!!!! :p

PuroMexicano said:
same steps as in the first post of this thread

the downside is that it displays everything in "zero" at startup, but when driving it all goes to "------"

So, no info displayed

anyone has obtained the info or everybody just gets the "----"?

DAMMIT!!!!! :p
Do you have Bose package?

I e-maild Mazda Canada on this one, they sent their usual vague answer, said to contact the service dept at my dealership.

So has anyone brought this to the attention of the dealerships yet?

MX5RACER said:
Turn your radio on, turn the key off.
Hold FM/AM and CD button, while holding these buttons, turn the key to ACC.
Watch the display, it should say "DIS ON", as soon as you see this, turn the key to OFF, then start the car. Use the SET button to toggle through the options. Press the CLOCK button to get the clock back, now if only I could get it to display in MILES instead of Km!

OK I enabled mine and it does not work like others whats the deal we missing something on the US model? I pressed everything to try to make it start counting and ---- only . Seems I can only remove it by hitting clock it will not disable reverse the activation method. How can we get this to work this kind of pisses me off we have this capability and Mazda does not want to show us our MPG but its ok to have in use in other countrys. I just sent Mazda North America a nice email on this I wait for the reply- Prob just some B/S

Last edited:
MITZA said:
OK I enabled mine and it does not work like others whats the deal we missing something on the US model? I pressed everything to try to make it start counting and ---- only . Seems I can only remove it by hitting clock it will not disable reverse the activation method. How can we get this to work this kind off pisses me off we have this capability and Mazda does not want to show us our MPG but its ok to have in use in other countrys. I just sent Mazda North America a nice email on this I wait for the reply- Prob just some B/S

have somebody tried to mount some kind of aftermarket product?

I'm currently looking at some possibilites, can anyone comment on those...

http://www.dashhawk.com/

http://www.scangauge.com/

It says that they both should offer such info like:

Trip Computer
Automatically tracks four sets of trip data - Each with 11 individually stored parameters.
1. Maximum Speed
2. Average Speed
3. Maximum Coolant Temperature
4. Maximum RPM
5. Driving Time
6. Driving Distance
7. Fuel Used
8. Trip Fuel Economy
9. Distance to Empty
10.Time to Empty
11.Fuel to Empty

Nice find, but when I look at my dash its lit up all there just not showing any of us the info. It should work at no cost.

is it me or do i see a telephone symbol as well up there -? not where the trip comp is but on that top strip? seems pretty rediculous that if this dash unit can do all these things that we cant enable it and/or have the dealer do something with it.

I'm guessing it is just a standard display unit across all Mazda models.

Just because the symbol is there doesn't mean there are any other components or that you could even add components to make it work.

AWmustang said:
I'm guessing it is just a standard display unit across all Mazda models.

Just because the symbol is there doesn't mean there are any other components or that you could even add components to make it work.

this trip computer lights up theres several screens to scroll through its there completely and working why its not counting mpg is another issue. (mj)

MITZA said:
this trip computer lights up theres several screens to scroll through its there completely and working why its not counting mpg is another issue. (mj)

I was referring to Mikey1981's post about the telephone symbol.

I'd love to get the trip computer working. I had that in my Mustang and I loved it. Miles to empty was very useful.

Latest posts

Back