EMS solutions for the MSP

Yep.. decent little "build it yourself" standalone that works pretty well. Decent feature set overall... not as advanced or thorough as some but quite impressive for the dollars!

TurfBurn said:
Dunno... I requested it be added repeatedly but was ignored.
That sux, I really like the micro when's the new one coming out?

Edit: I like the new website better.

Turf, why isn't your website in your dropdown list on your avatar (ie - "Visit TurfBurn's website" under "View Public Profile")?

who knows! LOL... I'll try to get it added soon (website under avatar)

As far as the new Microtech's... we have the wideband logging enabled on them now... logs the voltage nicely... the new microchips that will enable a few more things are coming but I've been pushing Microtech to get me Mazda 3 units first because they have NOTHING and that will be a huge deal to penetrate that market early... so that is our focus now... but the Protege units are good to go and the only thing missign at all is the true sequential fire... we still run the modified sequential (only difference is emissions levels really).

e-manage

hello2000 said:
You can use a laptop with the e-manage
hey canyou tell me how to wire in the e-manage the instructions i have are very unclear about how to hook up the masairflow. thanks waymon

UNICHIP vs. EMANAGE

New MSP owner...currently a stock daily driver but I am a competitive auto-xer. Not looking for super high output just a reliable 30-50hp bump from stock..with improved boost response.

Question: the unichip and emanage basic can be had for "similar" dollars (within $100) which way to go? Or is it worth the extra $$ to go with the emanage Ultimate?

Does this mod eliminate the need for a MBC?

I was thinking this and a SMIC was a good starting point.... am I way off here?

Will the stock Injectors be ok for my Stage I plan?

Thanks

toysrus said:
New MSP owner...currently a stock daily driver but I am a competitive auto-xer. Not looking for super high output just a reliable 30-50hp bump from stock..with improved boost response.

Question: the unichip and emanage basic can be had for "similar" dollars (within $100) which way to go? Or is it worth the extra $$ to go with the emanage Ultimate?

Does this mod eliminate the need for a MBC?

I was thinking this and a SMIC was a good starting point.... am I way off here?

Will the stock Injectors be ok for my Stage I plan?

Thanks

Unichip is made specifically for the car and is 100% plug and play. EManage is neither.

If you want the most power and best setup for your car and have the ability to wire and tune the EManage is going to be a better option. However, GReddy is a horrible company to deal with if you ever needed to call them. So keep that in mind it's going to be up to you to get a lot of it figured out. You're going to have no control with Unichip (other than an on/off switches for boost and timing) and complete control over everything with EManage. EManage also has ability for data logging.

Both have boost control capabilities.

You would have to comp. for bigger injectors. The Unichip was setup to work with what fuel the OE injectors could produce.

and nobody has been able to get emanage ultimate to work on our cars yet so keep that in mind also

you can go full standalone with our Microtech EMS for $990 which is only a few hundred more than the Unichip. It is a MAP based system and the package includes everything you need and gives you complete flexibility in every respect.

Hopefully some of the users will chime in. But as far as operating the system you don't need to know a ton. Just basically how to read your AFR gauge and then adjust the corresponding points in the Microtech to get your AFR's right. We've had complete newbies that knew nothing successfully tune their own cars. But we've also had people struggle here and there or use professionals instead. It's really not that difficult, not really any difficult then the MPI or the Airflow Logistics.

Thanks!

Steve

so, i might get this emanage from a friend for 150. few questions....
How long does it take to install?
What all do i need to install it?

For those with experience installing the microtech- how difficult was it? Also is it bad that the local speed shop around here didn't know what microtech was when I called to see how much it would be to install it and tune?

For those with experience installing the microtech- how difficult was it? Also is it bad that the local speed shop around here didn't know what microtech was when I called to see how much it would be to install it and tune?

I'm biased obviously on the ease, but it isn't any more difficult than any other Standalone, in fact it is much easier than most standalones. However it will be more difficult than most piggybacks. It is about the same as doing a new stereo installation and running wire etc for that. It's really not terrible difficult overall.

It's not HUGELY surprising that they didn't know of a Microtech, but also not great either. Not every shop knows of every brand. You could ask them about Wolf 3d, Haltech, Perfect Power, Unichip, etc and see how many they recognize or not. Most will know of Motec and AEM for sure, and past that it all depends on the exposure and experience of the shop and the operators. It may or may not limit how good they do with it too. All again depends on the experience and knowledge of the shop. Microtech is HUGE in Puerto Rico and Australia, and less so in many other places. Wolf 3D is big in Canada and a few other areas, but less so in many other spots. So all again depends on exposures.

Back