Emanage Dyno about time

ViksMSP said:
What happened to the dyno sheets, I can't see them. can you send me a copy?
I'm tuning with Unichip right now and it pretty much has the same problem as the emanage, so I'll be trying to use the o2 simulator.
Thanks,
Vik.

dyno%20A.W.I.C.%20cold%20water.jpg

Is this the latest? I think I've seen this one in the water intercooled thread. Pretty good, that's my goal too but i'm not having luck right now with unichip, maybe in a week or so i'll be adding a extra injector and a simulator, btw did you figure out why essentialspeed lists a rpm one and not boost pressure switch? I'm still looking for one to buy.

Thanks,
Vik.

Only problem now is that the clutch can not handle the power, going to get an ACT clutch pressure plate and I think I am going to change the flywheel while i am at it. Kinda sucks only 8000 miles on this clutch.

ViksMSP said:
Is this the latest? I think I've seen this one in the water intercooled thread. Pretty good, that's my goal too but i'm not having luck right now with unichip, maybe in a week or so i'll be adding a extra injector and a simulator, btw did you figure out why essentialspeed lists a rpm one and not boost pressure switch? I'm still looking for one to buy.

Thanks,
Vik.
This is what you want

http://essentialspeed.com/shop/detail.asp?product_id=ES02mod&&cat=&category=&cat1=16&cat2=

orangezoom said:
Only problem now is that the clutch can not handle the power, going to get an ACT clutch pressure plate and I think I am going to change the flywheel while i am at it. Kinda sucks only 8000 miles on this clutch.
Yep, I agree with that, my clutch at unichip boost setting isn't going to hold long. How's you boost pressure setup do you spike higher? It would be nice to see the boost reading through out the dyno, I got that when i was getting dynoed and at max hp i was at 8.9psi and it was 192whp,
and that's with a spike to 11.5. I could never get it to go higher then that on a dyno, but on the street it will spike to 13.5 sometimes and down to 10.5. It's weird.
So do you know where i can get that boost switch o2 simulator?

ViksMSP said:
Yep, I agree with that, my clutch at unichip boost setting isn't going to hold long. How's you boost pressure setup do you spike higher? It would be nice to see the boost reading through out the dyno, I got that when i was getting dynoed and at max hp i was at 8.9psi and it was 192whp,
and that's with a spike to 11.5. I could never get it to go higher then that on a dyno, but on the street it will spike to 13.5 sometimes and down to 10.5. It's weird.
Nevermind on the last part, you beat me to it.

ViksMSP said:
I do not spike much at all I have an electronic boost controller

http://essentialspeed.com/shop/detail.asp?product_id=ES02mod&&cat=&category=&cat1=16&cat2=

tekkie said:
how are you tuning the unichip?
with a authorized tuner, we didn't have much luck last thursday, we did probably 20 dyno pulls, and i think we screwed it up more then fixed it, but we'll fix it next time.

ViksMSP said:
Deans is running the stock MSP clutch right now. even with his car making over 330 ft lbs of torque to the wheels his clutch is still working well.

Thanks again

Later....Nick

MPNick said:
Deans is running the stock MSP clutch right now. even with his car making over 330 ft lbs of torque to the wheels his clutch is still working well.

Thanks again

Later....Nick
I guess it also depends on the driving habits. I've been hearing good things about the MPI tuner all over the board, good job Nick, one thing still confuses me how Orangezoom works fine with the o2 simulator, and 505zoom is having trouble with closed loop relearning with the turbo module. If it at all could be explained what your thoughts on this would be great. I've seen other's dyno sheets with proper fueling from 2k rpm and some including me with unichip having stock ecu's mapping until 4k.

ViksMSP said:
I guess it also depends on the driving habits. I've been hearing good things about the MPI tuner all over the board, good job Nick, one thing still confuses me how Orangezoom works fine with the o2 simulator, and 505zoom is having trouble with closed loop relearning with the turbo module. If it at all could be explained what your thoughts on this would be great. I've seen other's dyno sheets with proper fueling from 2k rpm and some including me with unichip having stock ecu's mapping until 4k.
505 needs to do checking on his car along with his wiring. He had the O2 not wired right and the has now been redone. I still think there is something not where it needs to be.

Thanks agian

Later.........Nick

MPNick said:
505 needs to do checking on his car along with his wiring. He had the O2 not wired right and the has now been redone. I still think there is something not where it needs to be.

Thanks agian

Later.........Nick
So does the turbo module do the same as a o2 simulator? or o2 voltage clamp? They are probably a bit different but is the last function of it supposed to be the same?
Thanks,
BTW, unichip was updated recently i think, at least the look of the box it self, the software might still be the same just some extra features.

ViksMSP said:
So does the turbo module do the same as a o2 simulator? or o2 voltage clamp? They are probably a bit different but is the last function of it supposed to be the same?
Thanks,
BTW, unichip was updated recently i think, at least the look of the box it self, the software might still be the same just some extra features.
Part of it is more like a clamp. If they updated that is good, it was a long time coming. We installed about 10 on Vipers. They all failed with in one year of use. Never got reason for why they failed. On the Fords we installed them on they were never failed.

Thanks again

Later..........Nick

ViksMSP said:
Rich has fixed his car. He had a cracked BOV. Most if not all of his problems are gone now. He will have to retune the MPI Tuner now but his car is now working right.

You can check it out here. http://www.mazdamp3.com/vbb225/showthread.php?p=1087643#post1087643

Thanks again

Later..............Nick

Back