Eibach springs PROBLEM

Groza187

:
02.5 Protege 5
Receantly a friend of mine and I installed some Eibach springs onto my P5. Looks great, nice ride, except I hear a noise coming from the back of my car. The noise is coming from the spring and it is a sort of clanking noise. Can anyone explain why that is and if it is normal.Thanx in advance.
*Also this sound is only hearable when I am driving slow, on the highway there is completely no noise.

Last edited:
hey

i'd guess normal...when i hit a bump i get a klunk noise from the back - it's only the springs hitting each other because eibachs have progressive rate springs so some are much closer than the others.

i wouldnt worry about it, but if you just want to be sure, get it checked.

later

try tightening the nut on top of the strut, a few people with spool springs have this problem, and that fixed it. Also check if they are sitting on the perches correctly.

I've got it too. It's not as noticable now. It's louder in colder weather. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm going on 8 months with mine installed and they're fine.

Make sure the rubber pad in the back is in place. I had a similar problem when I put in my Eibachs in. It was just the pad was not in place. Almost 2 years w/ the springs and no noise.

And the solution would be..... ? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, the solution is that there wasn't a problem with the springs. The problem was with a sway bar link that connects to the strut, it was loose and every time I hit a pothole or whateva it would make that noise.

Oh man I totally know what you mean. I put on my JIC's and one of them was left loose and it was clunking like a mofo. I was going crazy. It was on my back passenger side so I naturally thought it was the jack moving around. After tightening it gorilla style it still made the noise. I then went under the car and just started jiggleing s*** around and I found it. It was the link attatched to the bracket on the strut. Tightened that one up and I was good to go.

i had a problem similar to that and i turned out to be the swaybar connector ( not sure what it is called) was not completely tight or had worke its way loose. anyway i tightened it up and its been quiet since

Groza187 said:
And the solution would be..... ?

Well, the solution is that there wasn't a problem with the springs. The problem was with a sway bar link that connects to the strut, it was loose and every time I hit a pothole or whateva it would make that noise.

Good deal. ;)

Back