Ebay Exhaust

Got it all, stock one was rusted as hell so it took me awhile for me to pull it off. It went together with no problems really and no rattling!!! Agreed with briank or flippyfloppy (whoever said it) that the gaskets are bad but they'll do. Some pics and a few vids coming soon:

6c554d0d.jpg

dfcb1f42.jpg

Tip sits straighter now, just did a lil adjusting

Overall I'm happy with it, strong welds, good fit, and my twin wants me to see if the guy has one for his '00 focus, so it must sound pretty good lol. Excellent buy for $125, and fast shipping!

Last edited:
Can you guys confirm whether the exhaust measures 60mm(2.36" ish) is an inside diameter or outside? I want to know so I can see if a 2.5" resonator will fit in the piping if I think it's too loud or if the droning bugs me. thanks

dont look to bad... i wanna see some better pics and a video. just because im kinda searching for an exhaust and i want to know how good these sound

This kit already comes with a resonator. It really doesn't drone. Turn your radio up to about notch 4 and you won't here it. Until you put the pedal to the floor :) I'll take some vids and put them up sometime today. And I'm pretty sure the piping is 60mm but like I said it already comes with a resonator, it's the first pipe you put on directly to the cat.

I LOVE THIS EXHAUST.
K, i'm convinced.
This is the exhaust I'm grabbing as soon as I pull some cash together :)

Ok guys, here's my thought about this cat-back. I think it my be too loud for driving in some of the cities I visit, thus getting me pulled over.(five-0) If it's too loud, I was either going to add a small muffler in the piping(if the inner diameter of both muffler and piping where close in size) or replace the rear muffler for a quieter straight through unit. This is what I think the ebay rear muffler might look like inside.

The attached file is a sketch of the inside of a ebay muffler for a Lancer Evo 9 cat-back. People say it's loud outside, but not so loud inside the cabin. Also added a youtube video of the inside of the same muffler.

IMHO the piping and resonator alone are worth the $125 price.

Attachments

• ebayexhaust sketch.jpg
    ebayexhaust sketch.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 145
  • ebay catback.JPG
    ebay catback.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Got a problem. Drives fine sounds awesome. Sealed the gap I had with exhaust sealant. Now I threw a CEL... idles smooth, don't know what it could be. Any ideas? I'm thinking low/no back pressure, but it idles smooth?

It actually varies depending on which one you buy. I bought one that was 2.25" all the way from the inlet and throughout. It not only stated 2.25" piping but it mentioned you needed a 2.25" downpipe/cat hook up. There is slight flexibility with the bolt holes, but not enough for a 2" pre-cat. I believe I saw ones listed before that are 2.5 usually. Read the description very carefully and look at any pictures where they measure it.

The piping is all 2.25 and it bolted up fine and looked like it fit fine. I don't get it right now.

I heard resetting the ECU will make the CEL go away. Just unhook the battery for a while? Or is there a better way to do it?

the better fix is to find out what the problem is, and remedy it. just disconnecting the battery will only make it temporary.

Well I didnt reset it after the install so I'm trying this first. If it comes back I'm gonna get the code read. Just tryin to start with the cheapest first

Try Autozone. Over here they will scan your codes for free. Take the code and look it up online.

Reset the ECU, no rough idle at start up and runs and sounds better. No CEL either. Either way good exhaust system! Highly recommend it.

Ok guys, here's my thought about this cat-back. I think it my be too loud for driving in some of the cities I visit, thus getting me pulled over.(five-0) If it's too loud, I was either going to add a small muffler in the piping(if the inner diameter of both muffler and piping where close in size) or replace the rear muffler for a quieter straight through unit. This is what I think the ebay rear muffler might look like inside.

The attached file is a sketch of the inside of a ebay muffler for a Lancer Evo 9 cat-back. People say it's loud outside, but not so loud inside the cabin. Also added a youtube video of the inside of the same muffler.

IMHO the piping and resonator alone are worth the $125 price.

Unless you're flooring it or keeping it in a low gear you will be fine with the noise. It's really not bad at all or ricey.

its on the first page

I think he meant he wanted some pics of it installed at different angles, or some more installation pics. And by "custom exhuast runs off magical fairy dust, and little gremlins live in my engine" you mean welded in a hundred different places with "x" amount of transfer pipes to get to the correct size lol... one day we will get that beast runnin top notch lol.

Back