Drool...

J-Villa

Wow... New Focus RS revealed in paris... Turbo'd 2.5L 5cylinder. 300 ponies and 325ftlb's of twist.

Looks good, numbers look better.... too bad it won't make the trip here w/ the Focus :(

Read bout it here

focusrs-paris08_dsc_1857_opt.jpg

looks good.

Its still a ford. and we all know what happens when you put a ford in reverse.....

Havent done much looking around in your car have you. You'll notice FoMoCo stamped on about 80-90% of the components on our cars and the platform of our car is Ford. Also might want to check the listing of companies owned by ford... "Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Volvo"

http://www.ford.com/

Havent done much looking around in your car have you. You'll notice FoMoCo stamped on about 80-90% of the components on our cars and the platform of our car is Ford. Also might want to check the listing of companies owned by ford... "Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Volvo"

http://www.ford.com/

yes, but our car's vin begins with a j, meaning built in japan...so **** all that fomoco bulls***.
ford owns 33% of mazda, but doesn't necessarily make the s***...and yes, i've seen fomoco in the ms3

yes, but our car's vin begins with a j, meaning built in japan...so **** all that fomoco bulls***.

Why the hate on your fellow countrymen when it comes to building a car? This isn't the 70's anymore and many of the products being produced here are of very respectable quality. Now design style between US and foreign makers can be dramatic. That said, look for the quality and design of cars coming soon to vastly change. The US auto industry management is staring into the abyss as we speak. No more monkey business if you want to survive. Personally, I think they need to finally get their act together. The euro focus is an engineering masterpiece, legendary among performance enthusiasts throughout europe. The US market would respond very, very well to such a product being sold here.

I'd trade my car in on one of those in a heartbeat if it came here

whats up with all these cars NOT PAINTING the lower center bumper piece. ******* EVO wannabees...

aaaahh the tail lights are soooo...ugly!!!!

thats always made me mad when i see a focus cuz they look ok from the front but then they have those horrible lights mounted on the freaking roof or something

horrible rear design but the front looks sick

Why the hate on your fellow countrymen when it comes to building a car? This isn't the 70's anymore and many of the products being produced here are of very respectable quality. Now design style between US and foreign makers can be dramatic. That said, look for the quality and design of cars coming soon to vastly change. The US auto industry management is staring into the abyss as we speak. No more monkey business if you want to survive. Personally, I think they need to finally get their act together. The euro focus is an engineering masterpiece, legendary among performance enthusiasts throughout europe. The US market would respond very, very well to such a product being sold here.

70's or present day...go sit in a new ford and tell me you prefer it over ANY foreign car. i don't mean looks, i mean functionality and i mean materials and fit and finish.

i also agree that the newer cars made by american companies, are getting better and better. i'm actually a fan of the ford edge, and i've been a fan of the focus rs since top gear did a report on the older one. i'm not 100% knocking all american car companies, but i certainly appreciate your response

Last edited:
ford owns 33% of mazda, but doesn't necessarily make the s***...and yes, i've seen fomoco in the ms3

I don't like Ford anymore than you do, I'm just saying you get karma back atcha when you attach a stigma like that to something.

(boom01)(cricket)

^^ Yep, hate Ford all you want but the truth is our beloved MS3 simply would not exist without them.

To whoever said the platform was Ford, I thought it was a Mazda platform that Ford and Volvo are going to use?

^^ Yep, hate Ford all you want but the truth is our beloved MS3 simply would not exist without them.

To whoever said the platform was Ford, I thought it was a Mazda platform that Ford and Volvo are going to use?

I don't hate Ford, I just don't have much a taste for them.. other than their F-250, Mustang GT/GT-500, Ford GT.

I love it, although I am biased, used to own an 01 zx3. The turbo'd Foci never made it here and probably never will. I don't get it. Why wouldn't Ford bring it over here? Do they not want to compete in the sport compact market? Very frustrating.

Back