Dragonballspeed Build (Finding an Identity)

Quick update: Finally found enough time this weekend to remake the trunk floor in 18ga sheet metal instead of the 22ga I originally used. It was welded in about every 2 inches, and a rectangular tube was welded in to finish out the rear sheet metal. Also made another set of inserts for the trunk brace that carried through the bead rolling theme. However I'm a little undiecided which route I will go. Couple of pictures below.

i see no pictures..

The MSP Finally has a new trunk floor welded in and finished. This was huge in process of moving forward. I can officially start moving forward with the remaining paint work. Until I get the actual paint down, I put down some self etching primer to keep out the surface rust. Couple of pics.

Trunk%20(6).jpg

Trunk%20(7).jpg

Trunk%20(8).jpg

A little weekend project to go with the new trunk floor. Modified the rear bumper bar to go with up-coming aero mod? Anybody got an idea? The bar will get finished out and painted black. Some Pics.

rear%20bumper%20bar%20(1).JPG

rear%20bumper%20bar%20(2).JPG

rear%20bumper%20bar%20(3).JPG

That's for now.

Hey there, looking for a little assistance with some measurements. If anyone can grab these it would certainly be appreciated.

I am looking for the distance between the two mounting holes on the core support where the headlights attach below the bumper cover phillips head screws. I am also looking for the height of that same hole in relation to the frame rails. My headlight alignment is close for hood to headlight and headlight to bumper cover, but not close enough. This is one of those measuments I forgot to take so long ago.

Thanks,

Hey there guys, just a quick update. First of all the build is not dead, just in a little bit of limbo at the moment. I will also be having a pretty large sell off of parts such as transmissions/parts, suspension bits, and maybe even the BBK's. I hope to get this thread back on track next spring. Until then if any of the parts I mentioned might be of interest just let me know.

Thanks

Gentleman go to the first page of the thread he listed most of the parts he has' that should give you a good idea of what is available.

Awesome build!

I am may need some parts for my rebuild. But I did not see a list looking through the thread.

Don't quit, keep up the awesome work.

Awesome build!

I am may need some parts for my rebuild. But I did not see a list looking through the thread.

Don't quit, keep up the awesome work.

Thanks I'm not quitting, just changing directions a little.

Some specs on parts to be available. There might be more, but that is all that comes to mind right now thjat is likely not to get reused.

Transmission: (1)Extended Brace reinforcement plate, OEM Gear set/all internals Cryo treated, Welded LSD, - No its not PAR or M-Factory, but this setup has yeilded up to 18lbs of boost before I blew the rings on the 4 banger AND before the reinforcement plate was added. SHould be even stronger now! (2) MX-6 1st -5th w/reverse gear set. Both bellhousings are currently KL spec, and I have 1 extra case. Also have stock MSP clutch & flywheel w/appx 65k mile on it

Suspension: Racing Beat Front Sway Bar, AWR trailing links, AWR adjustable endlinks, AWR rear 21.5mm sway bar (possible), JIC Magic Coilovers, and AWR 3 point strut tower brace

Brakes: Wilwood BBK, with 14" rotors & hats, internal rear parking brake, and caliper brakets. I will be keeping the Calipers for sure.

Engine: AWR Driver, Passenger, and Rear Motor mounts 95 durometer, PWR radiator, intercooler, and oil cooler

Last edited:
As I write this I am giving my hand a brake from port and polish on the intake. Engine will be done next week. just need to get my bonus at work to pay to pick it up.

Wow! Almost 3 months since I last posted. Unfortunately there has no progress since the last time I uploaded pictures with the exception of the car being on jack stands minus any suspension. However I find myself in a bit of a quandary as I determine where next to go. I have been in this project for a long time; 11 years since the first mod was made. There are parts of me that want to see a completed project, whatever that may be, and then there are parts of me that just want to remove myself from the baggage that comes from the storied ownership of this car.

So what does this mean? Well I have 3 answers for that, and because each is so varied I have yet to commit to any of them.
1. Follow through with a toned down version of original plan.
2. Complete a full drivetrain swap and make ridiculous street car.
3. Put together with everything that has been seen or shown, and sell as is.

Stay tuned as I decide where to go from here

Back