Door Open Indicator Problem... HELP

TigrMsP

:
2003.5 MSP
Hey Guys/Gals-

Here's the situation: The other day, one of my DaveB rings came loose, so I took out the gauge cluster, and put the ring back into place. Well, the next day I'm driving around, and my door open indicator light pops on. At first, I thought it might have been a door open, so I opened/closed every door. Stayed on.

When I got home, I thought I might not have plugged the harness back in good, so I took the cluster back apart just enough to get to the plug on the right side. Unplugged it, plugged it back in. Seemed to fix the problem. Nope, later that night I was having the same problem.

If I open my driver door and close it a few times, it will go off. Sometimes when I close the door, it will go off 2 or 3 seconds later. Does it sound like a short somewhere? I can't set my alarm either.... I did that this morning and walked into a gas station, and all of a sudden my alarm is going crazy! The car thought there was a door open I guess.

What do you guys think? Time to make a trip to the dealer? I've got a list of stuff they need to look at....even before this little problem.

Thanks.

Sounds like a door position sensor or something, because its not just the light or your car alarm wouldnt go off. Definitely a dealer trip.

MSPinVA said:
Sounds like a door position sensor or something, because its not just the light or your car alarm wouldnt go off. Definitely a dealer trip.
wrd
mine broke for some reason...i dont ever slam the door hard, must of been a weak one. they cost like 5 bucks if thats the problem..
they way i found out it was the drivers side is i just manually pushed them in till i got to this one that was broken.
good luck

Yep.. That's the problem. When I press the driver's side sensor, it is screwy. The rest are fine. Thanks guys.

The sensor has a single wire running to it, and it uses the car chassis as the ground.

Mabye that wire came loose off the sensor?
Or loose near the harness.

Back