Door Dings and Scratches

Unit 91

So, I have a door ding on either side (bottom of drivers door and bottom of passenger rear door) a scratch on the rear bumper (thanks kid on bike playing too close after you were warned) and a scratch on the front right fender just ahead of the door from... something?!

Grrr!!!!

Between the CELs, leaking trans cooler and front bumper scratch pre-delivery this car is not making me happy. Mostly it rules. Sometimes it pains.

People need to respect other people's rides.

Unit 91 said:
So, I have a door ding on either side (bottom of drivers door and bottom of passenger rear door) a scratch on the rear bumper (thanks kid on bike playing too close after you were warned) and a scratch on the front right fender just ahead of the door from... something?!

Grrr!!!!

Between the CELs, leaking trans cooler and front bumper scratch pre-delivery this car is not making me happy. Mostly it rules. Sometimes it pains.

People need to respect other people's rides.

I know I am always careful of mine and other people's cars.....makes me want to get door mouldings even more now...it's very vulnerable having such a flat area and no mouldings. My husband is having same issues with his new Mariner. In first few months.....5 intentional scratches on rear hatch(kids), a rock hit the front end and bounced over the car leaving a nice dent in the hood, my son closed the garage door on it while hatch was open, so another mark there.....not fun. Some just have crummy luck. Hang in there it will get better and you will enjoy it more! So far just snot on my window..yes, snot and a noisy passenger door. Only 450 miles on her.

Well... having children - unless the car is made from rubberized steel, you're gonna have dings & scratches. Could be from your child, your child's friend(s) or any scenario involving kids.

I know they don't mean it and 99% of the time they are oblivious to the damage they cause or how important it is to us. I remember as a child, climbing all-over my parents cars... walking on them, etc... I never gave it a second thought. :)

yeah... the cx7 is prone to dings because mazda cheaped out by not installing those "ugly" door mouldings

I'm NEVER removing them on my 3 and my pro... I don't see how it "ruins the lines" or they're "ugly"... I've seen many other cars that have that s*** that looks much worse! this s*** has saved my cars from dings many times

Some a-hats shot the drivers side of my CX with a pellet gun. Twice. Over $1500 in damage. Nothing but bad luck with this thing so far. GRRR!!!

Man...you are having the worst luck....others jealous maybe?? I feel your pain!

Maybe you need to have a religious ceremony to exorcise the demons from your car. Jeez, I hope things get better, and soon!

Something is going on. I just had another check engine light. Supposed to be sorted this time for sure. GRRRR!!

Is the paint on the CX-7 really soft? I washed mine the other day (first time) and noticed A LOT of rather deep scratches in the paint, especially on the roof. It either is the result of being scraped by a tree branch or BAD DETAILING on the part of the dealer "prep" person. I am a little concerned about the "wear and tear" clause in my lease. Anyone else?

Check the towels you are using, make sure they are clean and non-abrahsive (this may be a no brainer)

I hand wash my cars until it is just too cold out for me to possibly do it. If i go thru the car wash i do not let them towel dry the car because those towels are dirty and any grit or anything rubbing against the finish is not good

I only have 1 scratch about an inch in length next to the door handle, from a button on the back of my jacket!

I think the paint is pretty solid tho. Much better than my Honda paint, so far

I think the paint is pretty durable as well as I have a huge oak tree dropping acorns on my car and no problems so far with the paint. Now dents are another story. I dont have any yet but Im trying to convince my neighbor to let me take the tree out of the ground because its on the property line.

xavier said:
I think the paint is pretty durable as well as I have a huge oak tree dropping acorns on my car and no problems so far with the paint. Now dents are another story. I dont have any yet but Im trying to convince my neighbor to let me take the tree out of the ground because its on the property line.

2 dents on my hood from giant acorns at work.(pissed)

So far I haven't had any other problems. I had the pellet wounds fixed. Which has brought up a ton of little stuff. I need to go back by the body shop. They screwed up some stuff they're gonna have to fix.

ARGH!

I returned from Christmas vacation to find someone at the airport left me two nice scratches as a gift. One minor on the rear bumper and a nasty one along the rear driver's side door below the handle. They're pretty deep, all the way through the clearcoat - not sure if a touch-up pen will make a difference or if I'll just have to get used to them and get it detailed some time later.

Oh yeah, One day I ripped my driver's side mirror off backing out of the garage (don't ask!) - they're about $125 to replace just so you know.

jrpembe said:
I returned from Christmas vacation to find someone at the airport left me two nice scratches as a gift. One minor on the rear bumper and a nasty one along the rear driver's side door below the handle. They're pretty deep, all the way through the clearcoat - not sure if a touch-up pen will make a difference or if I'll just have to get used to them and get it detailed some time later.

Oh yeah, One day I ripped my driver's side mirror off backing out of the garage (don't ask!) - they're about $125 to replace just so you know.

Damn! I feel you on that one. It was just last week that I lent my sister the car and as she was backing out of the driveway she bumps into her own car. Damage...a slight indentation and a few deep scratches on the left side of the rear bumper. Freakin A!!!(pissed)

jrpembe said:

Talk about bad luck! went to Wal Mart and parked very far away but some idiot left me some nice scratches from my hood all the way down the driver side, how nice of them. Now! need to take it in and hopefully they'll be able to buff it out but as it was stated earlier, I too think that our paint is very soft...too easily scratchable

i didnt have any door dings until i moved to Orange county CA. i hate oblivious drivers and passengers that dont know they parked to close. then they open their damn doors to get out like the car is on fire or something. the dings just keep adding up i think i have five around the whole car

Back