Poll Do you use Sport mode and Manual mode?

Which of these do you use regularly?

• Total voters
I made my initial comment and vote back when this thread was first posted.
At that time I only had my 2017 6 to drive around in. I always thought it was fairly peppy, and often used sport mode to liven things up a bit.
Since then, I purchased a new Kia Stinger. Top line AWD with the 3.3l twin turbo V6.
Holy crap Batman. Makes driving my 6 feel like I'm going uphill all the time. It now feels painfully slow, especially when I've just come out of the Stinger.
The Stinger has sport mode as well, but it does a lot more in that mode than the Mazda will ever do.
Now I just drive the Mazda in normal mode and rarely use sport mode.

This is exactly why I don't want to test drive a Tesla Model X. I'm not a fan of Tesla in general for reasons unrelated to this specific model, but the acceleration (3.8s 0-60) alone would probably have me signing by the X, lol. Puts my 7.0s+ to shame haha.

That said, there certainly is something about driving a "slow" car fast. 🍻

I have driven manuals for longer than most...my first car was a 1938 plymouth and those were not synchronized so you had to double clutch. all my cars/trucks were manuals until sometime in the late 90's early 2000's. new autos are so nice that even given a choice I would take the auto.

This is exactly why I don't want to test drive a Tesla Model X. I'm not a fan of Tesla in general for reasons unrelated to this specific model, but the acceleration (3.8s 0-60) alone would probably have me signing by the X, lol. Puts my 7.0s+ to shame haha.

That said, there certainly is something about driving a "slow" car fast. 🍻
yup if you drive a fast car you find that the cx5 turbo is not fast...

I am quite certain that no man alive would buy a CX-5 if he wants a fast car.
Heh, yeah. Not "fast", but you can get them into the 5-6 second 0-60 range and that's pretty good for what it is. Plenty fast enough to beat the economy car next to you so you don't miss the turn to the supermarket ;)

It is primarily the quality of the combustion process (or lack thereof) Which the AT is tuned so conservatively for.
Even if this were true, it would be a mistake. These engines are not meant to be driven conservatively all the time. Taking the revs up every week is a remedy to preventing carbon buildup and keeping the engine clean.

Even if this were true, it would be a mistake. These engines are not meant to be driven conservatively all the time. Taking the revs up every week is a remedy to preventing carbon buildup and keeping the engine clean.
For sure, that's why the car will allow for it. I regularly thread the needle up to around 5000rpm on my NA.

With all factors considered, I still don't question how or why the vehicles are tuned the way they are.

Back