Major Problem (2018 Mazda CX-5)

I have a 2018 Mazda CX-5 Sport only thing have done to it is short ram intake and sub and amp, other than that everything is original. It has 54000 miles on it. It just started doing this issue with the transmission and try explain it best I can. I can go out to my car in the morning start it up and take off. I can get a mile to the main road and when I turn on to road I can get on it and when I do it the car feels like to me it slips and then all power goes out and lights and messages come on. I will give it gas will not accelerate so I have to pull over and turn the car completely off and restart it and will be normal. If I get on it again it will do the same thing. I will attach pictures to show what comes on when this happens. Has anyone seen this before and what is the issue. I also will say I have the car in sport mode and manual and if it is in automatic it seems to slip when give it gas because into high of gear and it also does same in manual mode to.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 30
Find out what OBD code has been set that's related to that smart brake error message. You also might want to check to see exactly how low the oil level is.

Upvote 0
With most problems on modern cars, the first question is everything about the battery ...

How old is your battery?
How is the electrolyte level in the battery?
How are the battery cable connections ... Such as tight? Corrosion?
Battery fitness (cranking amps etc)

Modern vehicle systems are so voltage dependent that's the first place to start. The car also will also set codes in the modules when malfunctions happen. Use a scan tool to read the codes to find the problem.

Upvote 0
Sounds like your CX is going into limp mode for some reason and when you stop and restart, it gets reset till the car sees the error condition again.

Why? That's the question, isn't it?

As the others have said, we need the error codes.

Upvote 0
Back