Display read out

Alladin

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
I have noticed quite often that the band name will be mispelled or there are 2 band names stuck together as one. Anyone else having this issue?

(scratch) i thought we didn't get radio text...

I get that from time to time when I have Sirius on. I don't think its on our end, I think its the satellite itself.

it is the sirius tuner not refreshing the radio only posting over the lines. Once the new songs comes up you should see the extra chars on the display but you should not be able to scroll to the side if the prior band was longer.

Crappy design......

it appears they are discussing Siruis, not terrestrial radio

it is the sirius tuner not refreshing the radio only posting over the lines. Once the new songs comes up you should see the extra chars on the display but you should not be able to scroll to the side if the prior band was longer.

Crappy design......

I just noticed it again yesterday and I think you're right. If you change stations and then go back the text is fine. Is Mazda addressing this issue cause it's pretty bad and I'm tired of being embarrassed about it when friends ride with me.

I'm tired of seeing Korntellica or Greensmith...lol

I posted this in someone elses thread about this, but my favorite one was Kornfighters (Korn and Foo Fighters)

I would be interested if there was a firmware update for the headunit to fix this...let us know what you find.

Just called and left a voicemail with Bose as well as sent an email.

I will update you all on what I find out.

No nothing new, Bose told me they only support the amp and speakers and I have to work with the dealership on the issue. I took my car in a couple of weeks ago for something else and asked the service mgr about it. He said it's a known issue and has something to do with signal and refresh rate being sent out by Sirius.

So in other words, nothing can be done. It's still a little annoying too me.

No nothing new, Bose told me they only support the amp and speakers and I have to work with the dealership on the issue. I took my car in a couple of weeks ago for something else and asked the service mgr about it. He said it's a known issue and has something to do with signal and refresh rate being sent out by Sirius.

So in other words, nothing can be done. It's still a little annoying too me.

Did you contact Sirius about the issue? They can force your car a signal that should update everything. I tried this when my antenna went bad.

No, reason being I bought the car about 6 months ago and Sirius has been running free since then and I don't want them to find out. I don't know how long it will last but I sure hope I didn't just jinx it.

(knock on wood)

Back