2017 Mazda6 Rear camera not coming on. Any suggestions?

In the last few months My rear camera once in a while would not come on, the Infotainment just stays normal on the radio when in reverse.. Lately however this seems to be happening more often. My camera will not come on when going in reverse. I tried resetting it that didn't work either. Sometimes the camera works but most of the time the Infotainment screen stays on. I even updated to the latest firmware and my camera worked for about one day without issue, now its back to not working most of the time. I do have an older battery would that effect this at all? any other suggestions on how to fix the camera?

What year? Had same issue with my 2017 couple months after I bought it. Got solved by the dealer with a software update.

What year? Had same issue with my 2017 couple months after I bought it. Got solved by the dealer with a software update.
Exactly the same as you. Happened in my first year of ownership, and resolved it by dealer performed software upgrade. Working fine ever since.

Its 2017 Mazda 6. Mine is updated to latest version 74.xxx. I just did that the other day and the camera worked good for a day. Then it didn't work again, then it worked again going to guess next time I drive it it won't work again.

Its 2017 Mazda 6. Mine is updated to latest version 74.xxx. I just did that the other day and the camera worked good for a day. Then it didn't work again, then it worked again going to guess next time I drive it it won't work again.
Who did your update? You have the same model year as us, therefore the software update should work. Then again, our updates were done in 2017 but that solved the issue.

Who did your update? You have the same model year as us, therefore the software update should work. Then again, our updates were done in 2017 but that solved the issue.
I did the update I did the previous ones too. No issues doing the update.
Didn't drive it today so we'll see if issue still occurs tomorrow.

Back