Defroster blower turns on after shutting off the engine

blkcx9

:
Black cx-9 GT
When I shut off the car the defroster blower comes on and runs for about 1-2 mins. They the battery saver kicks in. Any ideas what this is??

It's a bad relay that needs to be replaced. I think there's a TSB out there for this. I have the problem now too but I haven't had a chance to take it into the dealer. They'll fix it if it's still under warranty or you can search the thread for the part number to replace it. I think it was only a $15 part.

It should shut off in 30 seconds (accessory residual power).
The relays should be replaced. It seems like your 2009/2010 should still be
under OE warranty. If so, let dealers take care of it at oil change.

How is it that people can find this forum, but can't figure out how to search it. This issue has been discussed in depth, with solution to the problem.(deadhorse

Yes of course it is a defective relay!

I have 2009 CX-9 GT and mine too just started doing it today. I was a little bit concerned at first but I did notice that eventually it shuts off after about a minute or less. Now that I know it's just a relay (thanks to this forum) I feel much better...
Since my car it's still under warranty I am going to the dealer this week to have it replaced.
On the side note - doesn't it seem rather quick for a relay to go bad ... I mean the car is less than 3 years old and already develops electrical problems. I hope this is not the beginning of bigger issues...

I have a 2007 and am now having this happen. Does anyone know where this relay is at in the car?

Guess for 13 bucks, its not too bad (part# G115-67-730) but I'm still gonna make mazda pay for it under 36k warranty.

I called the local Mazda parts dept. about purchasing two AC blower relays. They quoted me $5 each but the part number that you guys are referencing is for the cooling fan, not the AC blower motor. The part number referenced above cost $21. I looked quickly at the relays last night because the damn thing started blowing air in my face after shutting the car off and did not notice a part number. However, I do remember seeing that the manufacturer of the relay was Tyco.

Back