Dampening Levels? What should I do? ASAP

mspeed3420

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3
Hey, I am getting my suspension lowered as we speak with the bc coils and I got a call asking what I want the dampening level set at? There is a 1-30 choice and I would like the ride to be somewhat comfortable but still have a very sport feel. I dont know how much of a difference each level means so any suggestions for the right level? Also, do I do front or back different or the same? ASAP help lol. thanks

13 in the front and 15 in the back

that what i have been seeing alot of ppl use for DD driving

thanks man ill try that for now unless anyone else has any other suggestions and reasons why. thanks again

im installing mine today gnna do 15 front and back... good thing is yo can always change it!!! :)

im installing mine today gnna do 15 front and back... good thing is yo can always change it!!! :)

ya I dont have the resources to change the back by myself so I'd have to ask the shop to do it and theyll probably want to charge me more lol. thats why I wanted it asap. but good luck on urs today

ya I dont have the resources to change the back by myself so I'd have to ask the shop to do it and theyll probably want to charge me more lol. thats why I wanted it asap. but good luck on urs today

there is a knob that you twist to adjust the setting we are talking about.

this is what your front will look like
IMG_0987.jpg

you can turn that knob just by opening your hood and its right there.

This is the rear
IMG_0989.jpg

for me to change that i have to pop off my rear deck which is really easy, since your a hatch there might just be a plastic cover that you have to pop off.

The rears can be accessed through the light panels. The drivers side is easier than the passenger for obvious reasons. You can change the settings whenever you feel like so have the shop set them in the middle and adjust to your liking.

You set it to what you want. Everyone is different. At softest settings, they are stiffer then stock. Since the rear springs are 100 lbs less stiffer, you'd probably want to put them like 2 clicks more then the front. I run mine at 9 front and 11 rear. When I want to have fun, I set them to like 18 front/20-21 rear.

Last edited:
SU has been the only place i have seen these offered, but this just goes on top of the knobs and you wont have to mess with trying taking panels off to adjust the rear, im pretty sure they are 40 bucks

IMG_0991.jpg

Getting those extented things from SU is a waste. Just stick you hand in, it's free. All you have to do it pop off the panel where the jack is and the little panel where you can access the light on the right side.

I dont really know much about this and I was told that I have to take the coils pretty much off in the back to adjust them but I guess I dont lol. makes me much happier. and ill definately just stick my hand in :)

how low are you gonna have it?
im ganna have it so I can have about a finger in above the tire and that way when they settle they will go even a little lower.... next is rims!

If you're adjusting the height, you have remove the bolt holding the shock and the bolt holding the lower control arm. Then you'll have to take the bolt off to where the coil sleep is. It's not hard but it could've been way easier if the setup more like other cars.

Back