CX5 Voted 'Most Comfortable Car in UK'

:
2018 3 Sport GT MANUAL
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/956250/Most-comfortable-car-UK-Mazda-CX5-2018

Most comfortable cars on sale in 2018 in the UK REVEALED

A NEW driver survey has revealed the most comfortable vehicles in the UK according to their drivers.

No matter how good a car may be it needs to be comfortable.

There is no point having a fully equipped car, boasting with all the latest tech, if it is uncomfortable.

Drivers who want a comfy ride should opt for a car such as the Mazda CX-5, which was crowned Britain’s mot comfortable car in an annual survey of 30,000 motorists.

Motoring publication Auto Express carried out the poll for its annual Driver Power survey.

What became apparent is that SUVs reign supreme with eight out of ten cars on the list being Sports Utility Vehicles.

The CX-5 topped the table just ahead of two models by fellow Japanese manufacturer Lexus for the cars with the best quality of interior, driving position, visibility and legroom both in the front and back.

The Mazda scored the highest marks for the quality of its interior fit and finish won praise for its adjustable driving seat position.

Peugeot's 3008 was voted the best looking interior and the Discovery Sport the most legroom.

Elsewhere on the list were two Hondas, a Toyota and the British Land Rover Discovery Sport.

The majority of the cars on the list won’t break the bank either with the Mazda costing 24,000 and the Kia Niro being available for 22,500.

Auto Express said: "Interior and comfort is a hugely important category in Driver Power.

"A car can look great outside and drive well, but if you find it impractical or uncomfortable you simply won't enjoy spending time behind the wheel."

The top ten most comfortable cars in Britain:

1. Mazda CX-5

2. Lexus NX

3. Lexus RX

4. Kia Niro

5. Peugeot 3008

6. Land Rover Discovery Sport

7. Honda CR-V

8. Honda Civic

9. Toyota Verso

10. Vauxhall Mokka X

US's most comfortable car needs no less than 6 super big gulp cup holders, warming/cooling/massaging/fortune telling seats, and yes a CVT.

#2 and #3 start at $36k and $43k U.S. (add $6k for nav and AWD.) so that's even more impressive.
Kudo's for Kia coming in 4th. Probably only SUV on the list cheaper than CX-5.

Mazda let's you order cars? Thats pretty cool. Nissan doesnt, or rather, last Nissan experience I had, 2012, they didnt.

Yes.

Bascially I went to the dealership, did the normal stuff (test drive, negotiation etc) and when I asked do they have any in stock, they said one was at their holding yard.

So they placed my order and then allocated it to that vehicle.

Last time when I purchased my 6, I again had to place an order, wait 6 weeks for it to be built and shipped to Oz land.

Last edited:
Yes.

Bascially I went to the dealership, did the normal stuff (test drive, negotiation etc) and when I asked do they have any in stock, they said one was at their holding yard.

So they placed my order and then allocated it to that vehicle.

Last time when I purchased my 6, I again had to place an order, wait 6 weeks for it to be built and shipped to Oz land.

Oh, so you didn't actually order a build, just allocated for an already built car. Correct?:

Oh, so you didn't actually order a build, just allocated for an already built car. Correct?:

Apologies. This time yes. Last time, pure "order a build" because RCTA/BSM etc had to be specced and added at the factory

Apologies. This time yes. Last time, pure "order a build" because RCTA/BSM etc had to be specced and added at the factory

Yeah, Nissan refused to allow me to order a build, and I took it all the way to corporate NNA, because I thought the dealer was lying and just didnt have an allocation for a Z, but was told noone is allowed.

GM spoiled me. I ordered to suit, and then watched them build it and shook their hands, got the plant foreman's cell, spoke with Benny Hill about alignment and other specs, etc. Japanese cars? *no. We build, you buy. Screw you. This how we do.*

I used to enjoy Benny Hill on the television.

I personally thought it was awesome that their engineer was also a legit race-car driver and set the world record in 2006, I believe, for a production car at the 'Ring using a Z06 himself (obviously not still the record).

Latest posts

Back